Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 1:46:04 PM EDT
I just picked up a nice pre ban Colt sporter, and I was thinking of buying a set of those new anti rotational pins. I would like to reduce as much wear on my lower receiver as possible so I thought the new pins would be a good idea. I'm stuck in NY so wearing out my pre ban lower is a issue being that I can't replace it. Any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the KNS pins a lot. You never have to worry about the pins coming loose. A lot of M-16 users use these to lessen the wear on the pin holes of their registered receivers.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You won't wear out a lower in the Pin hole area.  The only wear issues with the AR system are with dudes runing a 9mm setup with an AR style hammer.  And that will only lead to pin breakage.

There's dudes here who have tens of thousands of rounds on receivers with no signs of hole elongation.  (I believe that's what the fantasy condition is called)

KNS pins are useless fixes for a problem that DOES NOT EXIST.  Don't waste your money.  There are a load of junk peddlers out there, Bro.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]
markm is right, a solution looking for a problem. I've fired many fullauto/burst M-16s (old ones too) and none needed any fancy pins...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
markm is right, a solution looking for a problem.

OH SNAP!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top