Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 12:55:57 PM EDT
OK, now that I have my Armalite AR, have shot it and it feels great, how often do I need to clean it. Do I need to clean it every time I shoot it, or should I do it after so many rounds. Thanks in advance for your opiions.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Everytime you're done shooting.  No matter how many rounds you put through it.  hug.gif
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
How long should it take you to clean it? Not an anal cleaning but a thorough one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Every time, without fail.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How long should it take you to clean it? Not an anal cleaning but a thorough one.

That depends on your skill level.  How skilled are you?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Use something like FP10 and your bolt and carrier will be very easy to wipe off and relube. Punch the bore and chamber a couple times and you shold be able to do a quick job in 15. Be sure to get the carbon off the end of the bolt, too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Clean it everytime you get done fireing it for the day, no exceptions, this is true for all weapons. It generally takes me about 20 minutes to do it thoroughly, once you get used to it I'm sure you can get it down to something around there, give or take a few minutes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not an anal cleaning but a thorough one.

You are supposed to do that after you take a crap.

You should clean your rifle after you are done shooting for the day. Just follow the instructions that came with your rifle and that should be plenty for cleaning.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top