Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:10:52 AM EDT
I've had a friend say these things help reduce recoil alot. of course, it lowers your rate of fire, but who really cares? anyway, I've heard from some people that this part is a solution looking for a problem, anyone agree with that?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't even get all these damned aftermarket buffers.

I've got shorties, carbeans, and rifles.  Even my buddy's full auto.  I've never had a problem with the factory buffers!  

Maybe they fix symptoms for some people, but I'd rather have the problem corrected and run the standard/H buffer.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#2]
 I run one, an Olympic, in my Tromix .458 Socom lightweight. It helps with felt recoil on that monster but dosen't do much with 5.56. I'd skip it on standard calibers if your not FA.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#3]
For the cost of one these high-dollar buffers ya can buy 4 - 9mm buffers, which does the same thing.

Reduces felt recoil and improves reliability of your AR15 rifle.

Note: these are for use in M4 carbine type collapsible stock rifles

Mike
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#4]
oh really? where could i find these? my ar-15 is a m4 varient with a collapsable stock.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I put an Enidine hydraulic buffer (AR-Restor) in my Entry Tactical and I can feel a noticeable difference in felt recoil... not that .223 recoil is a problem, but...   I also found that the muzzle doesn't rise as much on recoil, which means faster back on target for quicker follow up shots. The faster back on target thing meant a LOT more to me than reduced felt recoil. Maybe a 9mm buffer would do the same thing? I don't know since I've never shot with one. All I can say is that the Enidine does what they claim it does for recoil and muzzle rise...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top