Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2006 5:03:25 PM EDT
I went to the range yesterday and when I arrived three guys were all hovering over a Bushmaster that wouldn't run. While I was setting up at the other end of the bench I kept looking over at the group to see what was up. I watched one of them take the Carrier assembly out a few times. Each time they would put it back in close up the rifle and try charging. I could tell that charging handle was stopping dead at about half it's normal travel.

Finally I walked over and offered my assistance. I pulled out the bolt and saw the problem right away. The carrier key was mounted backwards. I told them, "This won't work".

The real funny part was that the rifle was just sold. Both the new owner and the former owner were trying to figure out what was wrong along with the help of another guy. I guess prior to the sale the former owner did quite the job detail cleaning the bolt carrier assembly.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah that wont do at all.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Stuff like this makes me worry about the fate of humanity.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Ouch.  The scary part is that they're handling a firearm.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/392309.JPG

Thanks QUIB.

I had to swipe that one for my collection.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.hunt101.com/img/392309.JPG

Thanks QUIB.

I had to swipe that one for my collection.

Feel free! I really like Ol' Sarge!  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top