Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2006 5:27:31 AM EDT
Long time passing--- since I saw any dealers with LE Colt carbines.  Sorry if this has been discussed; please refer me.

Saw prices this week at a show, one guy had three 6520s and wanted 1800 for them.  I passed.

Is there an embargo?  Did Colt change policies?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:46:24 AM EDT
[#1]
It has been mentioned, but a thread about it is a good idea. I d like to know too

Conventional wisdom is that Colt production lines are wide open producing M4's for govt sales and periodically they switch over for LE runs - which someone said was "spring-time" making them on dealer shelves mid/late summer

Compound that with what is sure to be a brisk demands for the 10 series guns, and the Colt could be scarce for most for some time to come

I read from a Colt release that they made only 4,100 LE6920's in 2004 and only 1,600 or so LE6721's (same year)

With numbers like those, it is no wonder they command a bit more

But I'd not be surprised if 2005 were 2 or 3 times those numbers
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:49:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The two distributors that I talked to told me that colt is not doing any shipping until the end of summer.  And both of these distributors are LE at that.  I have heard 3 reasons as to why, but I'm not sure which one or combination of them are true.

1.  Filling large Military contract orders.
2.  Something to do with a buyout.  General dynamics??
3.  Colt is gearing up a new LE line of piston operated AR's.

I just know that I had my 6920 on order at the beginning of last moonth, and it was supposed to be in now.  But the distributor called me and said Clt told them what I said above.  Not shipping any orders/suppliers until end of summer.  I'm not waiting that long, so I just ordered an RRA entry Tac.  We'll see how that fairs...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure we'll get the Grade "B", floor sweeping guns soon!

Yeah, that's the ticket.  All the Civilian Colts are Mil rejects!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#4]
None to be found around here either. Had a good selection after the ban then sometime in the fall they dried right up. Local shop said they can get nothing at all. Colt must have either a large order they have to fill for the Mil, or something else is going on like new machinery or the likes. Have seen some 1911s and SAAs that have shown up tho.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:46:48 AM EDT
[#5]
1. From what I have been told by a few, is that 2006 first quarter production belongs to the Military, and that LE rifles will be produced after that. Last December when I was looking to get anther 6920 I was told to order it soon, because of this

2. Non-Colt stocking dealers usally charge a premium for Colts. It pays to shop around and there are only a couple of Colt Dealers I will buy Colts from. One is www.specializedarmament.com, and the Second would be www.knesekguns.com

I was just over at SAW's website, they now have 16 of the 6450 9mm's in stock.
I also checked Knesek's and it looks like they have all of them in stock, and for a very good price too Larry Knesek is very good to do business with, and I highly recommend him
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#6]
The ponys have been put out to pasture !
Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The ponys have been put out to pasture !

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top