Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/31/2006 5:32:34 PM EDT
I´m going to buy my first rifle and have a couple of questions:

First off all, wich one? I live in Norway, and only AR-models listet below is legal for sale:

- Colt AR-15 HBAR/Sporter prodused after 1986
- Bushmaster XM15 - V-Match Rifle 20
- Olympic Arms AR-15 H-bar
- DPMS Panther Bull 24 Spesial
- Oberland Arms (OA) 15

Of course I´m going to modify the gun by replacing the Trigger, Barrel, Handguard and Gasblock.

I think I´m going to buy Colt MT6700, does anyone have any god/bad expiriece with this rifle??

The trigger I have in mind is the Knights SR-25 two-stage trigger, but it fits .154" diameter pin receivers only.
I belive MT6700 has a .170" diameter pin reciver, is that true??
If yes, is it possible to get a .170" match-trigger??
Or does one of the models listed above have a standard pin-size??

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You'd be good to go with any of those models.

Everyone seems happy with their Colts. I don't know about there but here in the US Colt is somewhat more expensive than the other companies. I would imagine they are all expensive over there compared to what we pay for them. Which is in the $700-$900 range for most of the companies and $900 and up for Colts on average.

Some see it as worth paying extra, I don't see it that way. I'm perfectly happy with my Bushmasters and mutt carbine built from different companies. They all perform flawlessly. The only one that gave me any trouble my A2-20 Bushmaster and it was corrected free of charge by Bushmaster, though it did take two trips to Bushmaster to get it right.

I can't speak for the pin sizes I don't have any experience with Colt other than fondling them at the gunstores. I know there are some Colts with oddball pin sizes but I don't know which ones.
Can you guys have flash suppressors, bayonet lugs and collapsable stocks over? What about standard capacity magazines? Not to hijack but I like learning about foreign gun laws.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are going to change all of that why not just build your own?  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
To by a legal semi-gun in Norway, you have to choose between 13 rifles:

1.Colt AR-15 HBAR/Sporter prodused after 1986
2.SIG SG 550 SP
3.Steyr AUG
4.Valmet M76/78A2
5.Galil AR
6.HK-94
7.Bushmaster mod. XM15 - V-Match Rifle 20
8.Olympic Arms AR-15 H-bar
9.Heckler & Koch SL 8
10.DPMS Panther Bull 24 Spesial
11.Oberland Arms (OA) 15
12.Izhmash Saiga sport 520
13.Izhmash Saiga sport 555

Collapsable stocks is not legal, and the barrel has to be at least 47 cm (18.5").
Silencers, flash suppressors, standard capacity magazines and bayonet lugs is legal.

The reason why i don´t just build my gun, is becouse its illegal, must buy one of the guns above and modify it. Thats why I posted this topic in the first place, just makin shure I´m getting a rifle i can modify the way I want
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I´m going to buy my first rifle and have a couple of questions:

First off all, wich one?

I think I´m going to buy Colt MT6700, does anyone have any god/bad expiriece with this rifle??

I don't have that same model but I have a MT 6601 A2 Match Target HBAR and it's very reliable.

I have owned six different Colt models in the past 35 years and I have currently this noted Match Target and a Colt 6721 A3 Tactical Carbine, I had no problems with all of them.

Another good choice would be the Bushmaster if you would like the small FCG pin size.

The trigger I have in mind is the Knights SR-25 two-stage trigger, but it fits .154" diameter pin receivers only.

You are correct, the KAC trigger are only made in small pin diameter.

I belive MT6700 has a .170" diameter pin reciver, is that true??

You are correct, current Colt models FCG pins are 0.170" diameter.

If yes, is it possible to get a .170" match-trigger??

There are other triggers available for the large pin diameter which are Rock River Arms (RRA), Chip McCormic Corp., JP Enterprises and Jewell (see links below).

You could ask your dealer if they could get these brands.

Or does one of the models listed above have a standard pin-size??

Only Colt have the large FCG pin size, the other brands on your list are standard small pin size.

RRA website link

Chip McCormick website link

JP Enterprises website link

Jewell trigger info link

Good luck on your project.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:55:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Alpha Romeo3, lot of help..
I a modifyed Busmaster seems to be the gun i'm looking fore..

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top