Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 4:16:23 PM EDT
I keep on hearing it all of the time, and I never knew where "87" came from? Does anyone know how it was created? It seems to be the inside joke on this board, and I was wondering when it was created? LOL, I bet I will get some funny "87" answer, but perhaps someone will tell the truth. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It will not be revealed unless you become a team member.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I keep on hearing it all of the time, and I never knew where "87" came from? Does anyone know how it was created? It seems to be the inside joke on this board, and I was wondering when it was created? LOL, I bet I will get some funny "87" answer, but perhaps someone will tell the truth. Thanks!

About 87 weeks ago.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea, i've been wondering that for a while, but been to chicken to ask =)

I knew I would get the "get a team membership first".

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
87 - - literally the answer to nearly all of life's questions!!

How many guns should a guy own? 87
How fast should I drive? 87 mph
How much should I spend for a wedding ring?87 dollars
How high should I build my kid's tree fort?87 feet
How many tatoos are too many? 87

I think you get the idea. If not, there will be 87 other Arfcommers to provide further edu-ma-cation!!

eta - How much money do I need to retire? 87 BILLION!!

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Where Did "87" Come From?  

Markm

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
87 - - literally the answer to nearly all of life's questions!!

How many guns should a guy own? 87
How fast should I drive? 87 mph
How much should I spend for a wedding ring?87 dollars
How high should I build my kid's tree fort?87 feet
How many tatoos are too many? 87

I think you get the idea. If not, there will be 87 other Arfcommers to provide further edu-ma-cation!!

eta - How much money do I need to retire? 87 BILLION!!

How many people were burned up at Waco? 87
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Its just a random number made up a while ago to answer all the repetitve questions that get asked here all the time such as, How many mags are enough or How much money is a M60 machine gun?  

The annoying part is the guys, such as some of the above posters who use it all the time and things its SO DAMN FUNNY...............................

ITS SO NOT.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its just a random number made up a while ago to answer all the repetitve questions that get asked here all the time such as, How many mags are enough or How much money is a M60 machine gun?  

The annoying part is the guys, such as some of the above posters who use it all the time and things its SO DAMN FUNNY...............................

ITS SO NOT.  

Definition of a cliche.  A lot of people think it's funny and a lot don't.  You guys have never been to fark.com forums, eh?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Where did 87 come from?

Frequent patrons of Brokeback Mountain, to be sure.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Why is this in the AR section?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top