Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/31/2006 3:43:48 PM EDT
I'm sick of the stock trigger in my Bushmaster and would like recommendations on an aftermarket upgrade.  Please tell me which ones you like best.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Gisseles are getting lots of praise....

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the KAC 2 stage myself but I hear LMT makes a good 2 stage also. But Gisseles are supposed to be the best.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
What is it for .... M4gery  or a long range paper puncher ?
Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the trigger that came with it.  For a combat or HD gun, you may be able to lighten the hammer and use a lighter spring.

CMC would be my choice for a match unit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

WHAT HE SAID^
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And unlike the fabled Millazzo triggers you can get them.  Same with the KAC triggers.  Both of those must now be made from unobtanium.

The Gieselles are awesome.  You wont reget it.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#7]
+ 1 for Geissele Triggers
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#8]
i love my cmc's and they have been great but the only thing with them is finding them in stock.

think im going to try one of the geissele's
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i love my cmc's and they have been great but the only thing with them is finding them in stock.

think im going to try one of the geissele's

linky no worky

ETA: Ahhhhhhh the old "Fix the link as another member posts that it doesnt work"trick huh?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a Geissele but have yet to put it in and try it out.  I cant wait though as I have heard nothing but good.  Their customer service is top notch and shipping is very fast.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I got to try one of the CMC flat triggers the other day, It is most likely going to be what goesinto my current lower. However I think that the standard trigger with a lightned spring works wonders for most people.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:59:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the JARD; the adjustable version for precision rigs, and the non-adjustable version for tactical guns.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:43:46 AM EDT
[#13]
From what I have read it,s -  Geissele --I,m going to wait for their single stage set up
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#14]
So I know of:

JP
KAC
Rock River
Jewel
Gisseles

Rock River is really inexpensive. Is there a problem with the Rock River? I personally have Jewel and KAC.

Also, who makes a full auto two-stage besides KAC?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:01:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So I know of:

JP
KAC
Rock River
Jewel
Gisseles

Rock River is really inexpensive. Is there a problem with the Rock River? I personally have Jewel and KAC.

Also, who makes a full auto two-stage besides KAC?

I have RRA 2-Stage, and the only problem I heard was they go 1-stage after they are worn out.  I would suspect Tens of Thousands rounds.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I just bought a Chip McCormick.
They are hard to find but worth the search.
They are an all-in-one unit so installation is a snap.
They even come with over-sized pins.

How does it shoot?  It really surprises me it is so crisp.  The reset is shorter than usual too.  That is really great for double and triple taps.

I also like Jewell triggers.  I love the all-in-one units.  I have never tried a Gissele but have heard lots of good things.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Jewel triggers are fully adjustable, and very reliable.
If you want a two stage trigger I don't think you can do better.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#18]
You messed up by not stating a purpose or intended use for this trigger.

The 15 Minute Trigger Job done properly on your Bushy, will make it seem like a new one and cost hardly nothing.

I have Jewell, RRA, Colt and Bushmaster triggers on different rifles designed for differing applications.

IMO, Buy a trigger that fits your intended use.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a JP trigger with their speed hammer in my Colt,  installation and adjustment takes time but I have learned how trigger works.

It breaks nice and clean @ 3.5 pounds.  I love it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

How does it shoot?  It really surprises me it is so crisp.  The reset is shorter than usual too.  That is really great for double and triple taps.

I also like Jewell triggers.  I love the all-in-one units.  I have never tried a Gissele but have heard lots of good things.

where did you find it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1

I have the DMR trigger.
Sweet!
Customer service is excellent.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I have the DMR trigger.
Sweet!
Customer service is excellent.  

Steve from Adco swears by them, and that is quite an endorsement.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#23]
At one point I installed a Jard adjustable trigger and loved the break.  I don't have a tool to test what the actual break was, but I'd bet it was 2.5 - 3 lbs.  That was perfect, but I had trouble getting the adjustments properly balanced.  Fortunately, I had spoken to several competition shooters that advised me of the trigger's.....stubborn attributes and was particularly careful during my test sessions.  Sometimes the trigger would fire with the rifle on safe.  Sometimes, if the rifle was on safe and you pulled the trigger, the sear engagement wouldn't  reset on release and would fire simply by switching the selector to the FIRE position.  I realize this was operator error on my part trying to balance it out to my liking, but in the end I determined this was too unsafe.

What I'm looking for as an ideal trigger is as follows:

2.5-3 lb break
Minimal overtravel
Completely reliable safety

I'm leaning towards the Gissele DMR, but I don't know that many people who have actually shot one.  They are rather pricey, so I'd like to be well informed before making the investment.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#25]

I am in the process of aquiring one of these (it is in the mail) and wonder why the pins are oversized, can you explain that to me please? You are right about them being hard to find, I got lucky. I did see two at the Tulsa show but they were two stage and large pin so.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I have the JP in my blaster. JP did the installation. It is awesome--about 3.5 pounds and a very crisp break. Feels more like a good 1911 trigger than a rifle trigger.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I recently installed a large pin JARD adjustable trigger with three pound springs in my Colt.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Molon,

you got to show a picture of the back of the hat.... that is the best part
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:05:46 PM EDT
[#29]
coming right up...
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#31]
That is awesome!  

Heidi
[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#32]
To quote Banzai:

Dude, it's like going from a Pinto to a Ferrari (in performance and cost)! 100% tunable to YOUR preference.

I was spoiled early in my black rifle life by a Milazzo, went from there backwards to a Bushmaster, then to an ArmaLite, then a RRA, then to a Jewell, then to a KAC, and now the Geissle. The Milazzo is still the best feeling MATCH trigger, but as far as field triggers, I'm torn between my loyalty to the KAC and my 2 new Geissles!

Buy once, cry once. Knowing what I know now, if the Geissle had been available when I bought all of the others, I would not have owned them. Others will tell you to save your money, that a WOA tuned trigger will do you just fine, A, B, or C is cheaper and 90% as good, etc. If you're serious about a good, high quality, properly engineered trigger and you're willing to stay committed to it, you can't go wrong.

If you buy a Geissle and hate it, IM or email me, and as long as you haven't screwed it up, I'll give you what you paid for it. So would anyone else here that actually ownes one.

Tom

I bought the Geissle and never regretted it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#33]
RRA 2 stage in my Match rifle, great trigger.

1 stage custom built in my carbine for CQB. Smoooth.

Find a friend that werks on AR's and your golden.....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#34]
tag
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:16:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the input.  I think I'll try the Geissele DMR.  While I think the price is WAY higher than it should be, I haven't read any negative reviews and it seems to have the adjustable features I'm looking for:

-  Sear engagement
-  Overtravel adjustment
-  2nd Stage Weight Adjustment

Having previous experience with a Jard adjustable, my only concern is with the safety.  Improperly tuned, the Jard has several quirks that made it extremely unsafe (firing from safe, firing when switching from safe to fire modes (without trigger pull).  I hope the Geissele doesn't have the same issues.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top