Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 6:07:37 AM EDT
The kids have spring break this week so I took the opportunity to get in some range time with my favorite shooting buddy, my son. Took out my CAR with CH mounted Aimpoint and my sons CAR with M261 .22 adapter and CH mounted Aimpoint clone.

For those of you who were concerned with the Aimpoint clone having parallax issues I can assure you that this optic, believe it or not, is not affected by parallax. I engaged targets at approximately 50m with the dot at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions in the furthest extremes of the FOV. In all instances the POA was the POI. I’m pretty impressed with this knock of, at least for a plinker rifle or in my case an entry level RDS for a teenagers .22LR.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
where are you shooting at there ?  looks maybe like it COULD be central Oregon.......let us know.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice shooters. Very clean
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:32:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
where are you shooting at there ?  looks maybe like it COULD be central Oregon.......let us know.

We’re at an “undisclosed” location, “somewhere” in the Rocky Mountains.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nice shooters. Very clean

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#5]
hey QUIB i noticed those slings you have on your rifles
they look good when using the sling but when u have the rifle shoulder with the sling off does it ever get in your way or get caught on anything?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
after all this time you havent upgraded your son?

think its time to sit him down and hand him the 5.56 bcg
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hey QUIB i noticed those slings you have on your rifles
they look good when using the sling but when u have the rifle shoulder with the sling off does it ever get in your way or get caught on anything?

No, not at all.

I used a similar set up during Desert Storm. Instead of para-cord I used an old strap I scrounged up. It placed the sling in the same position as my current set-up and never got in the way.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
after all this time you havent upgraded your son?

think its time to sit him down and hand him the 5.56 bcg

I can barely afford to feed my two AR’s let alone Jr’s!  

Next month will be a year since he’s had this AR with the M261, I built it for his 13th B-day. We discussed it yesterday and he’s in no hurry to convert to .223/5.56. I figured for his 16th B-day I’ll buy him a bolt and carrier.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#9]
i have two little brothers that are 12 and 13 and they love shooting the .22 but they admitted nothing is as fun as the 5.56 cause the targets react more

but i have to agree that a 20 5.56 rds is about as much as 500 .22lr rds
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice pics.  Nice weapons.  Nice everything. I can't wait to take my son shooting.  He's 5.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top