Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2006 4:57:08 PM EDT
I am building AR with BM lower and I want to get  Continenal Machine and Tool upper since it is almost half  the price of BM upper.
I would like to have lower and upper match 100% in color and texture is CMT going to match is such way?

Any info is greatly helpful.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything varies slightly due to processing... Unless the parts are finished at the same time using the same materials, you are unlikely to get that perfect match...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me correct myself, how about naked eye match?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
It will be a close match... Just rub the parts down real good with CLP and they will look just peachy...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it would be a tossup, I have gotten uppers, lowers, and complete rifles from different manufacturers and at different times the finishes are different. One of my CMT lowers was dark smooth finish, while another one was rough annodized and more of a matt black. Same with bushy and colt, you just never know unless it was all done at once.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Color match isn't an issue.

You'll be pleased.

HS1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the info, I will order one tomrrow.
Will post pics when completed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure you know what you're ordering but just a friendly reminder to specify T marked or not t marked and M4 or non M4 ramped.  I got hasty on an order and just said send me one.  I got a non M4 ramped upper which was very high quality but it was lacking the t marks and ramps.  Not anybody's fault but my own as they seem to make them in several differient configs.  I have 2 of them on DPMS lowers and they are at the top of my favorite list.

SC
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Please help me out, T marked no T marked?
What I have is BM lower and BM 16 fluted Hbar with carabine size gas tube, what should I get?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:44:20 AM EDT
[#9]
CMT uppers - and other parts are first class components

That doesn't mean they will be a color match, even with 2 CMT parts

That is hit/miss but you will likely fin them very close
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:17:29 AM EDT
[#10]
My recent new CMT/Stag build was from an upper and lower bought at different times and there is a slight variation on texture of the anodizing. If I give it a light coating of oil it goes away and they match 100%. As it drys you notice it a little.

Still looks great and is more than close enough. CMT/Stag is good stuff! You will be happy with it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top