Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/30/2006 10:29:47 AM EDT
Anyone else use any of the specialized front sights other than you national match shooters out there?  The vnotch front sight on my HK-91 really helps me with accuracy out past 100yds so I decided to pick one up.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a thinner KNS front sight on the M4gery, but i've never heard of this unit.

Got linkage?

HS1
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Its the post in the 9 o'clock position in the "KNS Post Sight Assortment".  You can order them one at a time or the entire package.  I just got one for now but might get the entire assortment if I ever feel the need.  Here's the link.

KNS AR-15 Sights
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]

On the website it states:

1 V-notch & inverted V (point up)

Does this mean that you can flip it over and have a V point up?

I modified a bent front sight when I was in the army to work like a german post, coming to a V point up. I have waited for them to make one but the picture only shows the v-notch so I'm confused.

yakrat101
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I think they have both the V-notch and inverted V-notch.  The Inverted V-notch is not pictured but available.  I guess you could always order the entire set and have all of them...I would have but I'm short on cash.

CMS
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#5]
What does the USMC use to hit targets out to 500m?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Have any of you had issues with the KNS front site posts? I got the NM post (next size down from standard) from Denny for my "F" marked Sabre middy and the notches were too deep for the detent pin to capture as securely as the USGI post that my barrel came with. I'd love to try a thinner post, but not at the expense of a secure / non-rotating replacement.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine came yesterday.  It fits tight and the detent locks up into the hole good.  The V-notch is the same as the V-point.  The marines might be able to qualify without some special front sight, but my eyes are horrible and i'll do anything to improve my aim.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top