Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2006 10:04:35 AM EDT
Hi all,

I'm new here.  I've been out of the Marine Corps for over 25 years now, but I can still remember how much I enjoyed shooting that M-16.  I always thought I might someday own a black rifle.  A few weeks ago I finally bit the bullet and got a new Bushmaster Varmiter with the matte black fluted 24in. barrel.  I topped it with a Burris 6-24x44 ballistic mil-dot scope.  I've only shot about 150 rounds out of it so far, but it's still just as fun to shoot now as the M-16 was, maybe a little better with a scope.  I'm still in the process of finding a good load for it, but it seems to like 26gr. of AA2460 and a 50gr. vmax.  At 100yds. it will shoot a 5shot group with all the holes touching, that is if I do my part anyway.  I really like that 2-stage trigger.  The rockchucks and coyotes better watch out now.

Kelly
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome Marine

many of us have the BM varminter and it a great weapon. Do a search on varminter alot of good topics started lately. congrats on your black rifle
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Try some 75 gr. Blackhills blue box. My gun loves it. OH and try some of the 45 gr. varmint rounds from Winchester, the ones they sell at Wally World.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top