Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 11:18:53 PM EDT
Trying to get some feed back on the owners of these uppers.
Have been thinking about going with a gas system.
Pics  would be great of your builds with these.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you want to know?
I got mine about a month ago.
I have a little over a thousand rounds through it.
I have really been trying to get it to break.  It won’t break.
Not one hiccup.  It has worked flawlessly with all kinds of ammo.
It shoots extremely accurate with the ridged fluted barrel.
By far the best thing is clean-up time.  The only dirty parts are the bolt face, barrel chamber/bore and the gas tappet/tube.
I purposely shot for three days in a row without cleaning.  I know how dirty my Rock River gets after a lot of shooting so I wanted to see how dirty the POF gets.  Even aftet three days of heavy shooting it was so easy to clean it was funny.

I have heard so many people say "if it ain’t broke, don't fix it".  I partially agree; The Stoner System isn't broken, BUT IT CAN BE IMPROVED.  Stoner himself believed this.  Just look at his subsequent designs.

But I digress; I love my POF Gas Trap Carbine.  I will probably purchase another shortly.

I don't believe I can post pictures because I am new and I haven't "Joined the Team" yet.

I will be glad to email you some.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine.  My DPMS is dirtier after forty rounds than my POF after 200 rounds.  Why anyone wants to clean their weapon as much as a DI AR requires is beyond me.  It is accurate and adds a mere two moving parts.   The only reason I take down/clean my bolt carrier group is to clean the red Wolf primer sealant off the firing pin.  Buy one, you won't regret it...

TS
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies on this .
I am thinking of going with the "18 barrel and was wondering how you rate the accuracy
with compared to the other AR's you own. I have looked on their  website and this doesn't
seem to be discussed much.
thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
If I do my part I can get nickel sized groups at 50 yards in a seated position (on the ground not a bench).  Just as good or better than my DPMS.  This is with the 16" with P4X rail.  The only thing I would change would be to have the longer P9X rail and put a Samson flip up sight on the rail, but it's not necessary.

TS
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am thinking of going with the "18 barrel and was wondering how you rate the accuracy
with compared to the other AR's you own. I have looked on their  website and this doesn't
thanks

You can either call or email them.  They are usually pretty good at returning both.

Sadly, I am still waiting on the POF upper ordered in January.  I am on day 65 and still counting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
thanks

You can either call or email them.  They are usually pretty good at returning both.

Sadly, I am still waiting on the POF upper ordered in January.  I am on day 65 and still counting.

Will call them tomorrow, I didn't know they were that back ordered on them.
Did you order a complete rifle or just the upper?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
thanks

Will call them tomorrow, I didn't know they were that back ordered on them.
Did you order a complete rifle or just the upper?

Just the upper, and while waiting, I had my FFL order me a stripped lower too.  One of these days I will have a nice rifle
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:44:47 AM EDT
[#9]
How accurate is my POF? More accurate than I am.
It shoots under MOA.
For an accuracy test I put an IOR Valdada 4x scope on it and was able to cover my group easily with a quarter at 100yds..
That is pretty good for a chromed bore barrel.
I don't know if this level of accuracy is the norm but mine shoots nice.

One thing I did was order the 16" barrel with "continuous fluting".
I highly recommend this.  It is almost as good as having a bull barrel.

Unfortunately now I can't attach the older style grenade launchers.  Darn.  How will I survive?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top