Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:08:59 PM EDT
Fit? Finish? How accurate? Is it reliable? Pics? Weight?

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Thanks.  

Hi Guy!!

We have ARFCOM Dealers selling Paul's uppers.  Buy with utmost confidence... and pride.

Dave S
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  

Hi Guy!!

We have ARFCOM Dealers selling Paul's uppers.  Buy with utmost confidence... and pride.

Dave S

I know. I would just like some feedback from folks who own them already.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I am also interest in what people have to say.  FWIW the searches I have done on these forums about BCM, have turned up nothing but positive comments about their uppers.  I am looking into buying one of their 16in.  M4 upper.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to know this too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:42:34 AM EDT
[#5]
i bought one of his striped barrels and it is of very high quality and made of the best materials available. his barreled uppers also use top of the line parts throughout. the only problem i had was the finish on mine had some streaks in it. it was not bad and most people on this sight would have used it as it was but i contacted paul about this and he had me send it back to him and he is haveing it refinished on his dime. he was happy to do this and went out of his way to make me happy. good company with good people and a great barrel. you will be happy or Paul will make it right. hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:33:22 AM EDT
[#6]
The complete midlength uppers are all gone. I missed the boat! Those of us who missed out will have to sit and wait and hope for a new batch.

Stripped barrels may still be available.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:54:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one. It's beautiful I shot it last weekend and it was very accurate. No problems whatsoever. It is a little heavier than an M4 profile upper.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:42:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thanks.  

Nice parts, I had a issue with the park, I talked with Paul and he would have reparked it but I ended up doing it in my tank since I was doing some other parts anyway. I haven't shot it yet, waiting for some more snow to go away.

The issue with the park was grainy lines and some areas of a kind of orange discoloration. After talking with Paul it sounded like the issue had been taken care of.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:45:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Are the front sights pinned or held with set screws?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:46:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are the front sights pinned or held with set screws?

Mil spec taper pins. Parked under FSB.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:00:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:00:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one of BCM's middy gov. profile uppers. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet.  Visually it passes the eyeball test. The finish is good.  The fsb appears to be perpendicular to the flat top.  The feed  ramps are aligned quite well. The upper fits on a Mega lower with IMO the perfect amount of pressure needed to insert the rear takedown pin.  I'm sure once I get a chance to shoot it that the upper will easily perform up to my expectations.  I believe BCM struck gold with the middy government profile and its other desired features (extended ramps, proper alloy, parked under fsb, etc..).  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I believe BCM struck gold with the middy government profile and its other desired features (extended ramps, proper alloy, parked under fsb, etc..).  

+1
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It appears that the 10-8 guys like them a lot.

www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=13824&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

It's hard to find a higher compliment than that in the shooting community...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:34:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:43:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
We are building a new larger stainless park tank as I write this.  And the media was a bit light in the blaster, so we changed that.  That should insure the park is top notch!

Thanks for all of your feedback and support!

Paul
B Co MFG

Sweet!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Fit and finish is beautiful! I will be getting another one when i build my second arhttp://home.comcast.net/~matthewjenson/middy.JPG
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone shoot theirs for accuracy with some match ammunition yet?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It appears that the 10-8 guys like them a lot.

www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=13824&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

It's hard to find a higher compliment than that in the shooting community...

These guys set the standard. They can have any piece of kit they want. They choose BCM uppers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top