Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:18:54 PM EDT
And please don't say Colt, I don't want a big hole, screw pin, blocked reciever.  I bought an A1 upper and am trying to get as close to the look of the A1 as I can. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as new production stuff, nobody does.  There are many guys in the same boat as you.  Currently, the best option is to either find a rather old used lower, or take a file and a lot of time to modify an A2 lower to the A1 spec.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got an older pre-ban PWA lower thats in A1 configuration (mag fence and 90* angle for front pivot pin but no reinforced buffer area).
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking for one for a long time and you'll have to pay the preban price if you actually find one, so it will cost you around 400-500 bucks on average. All Sendra lowers, older Eagle Arms, SGW, PWA and a few others can be had in A1 configuration. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a project that's well worth the effort. I went throught the same thing years ago when I decided that I wanted an M-16 clone like we were using when I was in Vietnam. It took years before I found a deal on an old Sendra lower, to which I added an (LM) marked Martin Marietta M-16 spares upper receiver. The delta handguards were no problem, nor was finding the old three pronged flash suppressor. This old looking fine shooting rifle is now one of my favorite AR's

7th
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top