Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 3:26:14 PM EDT
I'm not looking to build an exact SPR copy, just looking for a good muzzle brake/flash suppressor for my 18" build.  I have a White Oak SS barrel that needs one.  Suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have A2 flash suppressors on mine.  I could not find an OPS, Inc. clone for a reasonable amount.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking for anything but A2.  Thanks, though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
ops inc.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ops inc.

Does Ops, Inc. make them in Stainless with SS finish?  Who has them for the cheapest?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I went with the Vortex on my SPR.  I think it looks good.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Ops Inc or ADCO
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm not looking to build an exact SPR copy, just looking for a good muzzle brake/flash suppressor for my 18" build.  I have a White Oak SS barrel that needs one.  Suggestions?

This one should work up to a 6.8 PRI Linky
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ops Inc or ADCO

ADCO makes a brake?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#10]
How about MSTN's QC (Quiet Control) brake?  I've been debating about this one, but I haven't heard if it lives up to the hype that MSTN says about it.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:59:15 AM EDT
[#11]
The two from MSTN above should work well.

But if you want effective, then you need this one - also made for the AR-15:

It is the best, bar none.  Go to www.jprifles.com

Close to it in performance is the JP/Cooley brake.

These have been determined to be the best by the largest community of users of AR-15 muzzle brakes out there: the USPSA (also called IPSC) and 3gun/multigun community.

You do not want the Vortex. It does nothing to cut recoil or reticle/dot movement.

What recoil you ask?

- If your plan is to shoot really really slow, then use NO brake at all or use the Vortex.  

But then again, if you are shooting really slow, then you really do not have any purpose for a brake at all, do you?

You want function? Buy something that works. The JP works.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top