Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 1:31:22 PM EDT
I posted my complete upper for sale a couple of weeks ago and NO ONE has responded!  

Please check out my topic HERE. . .Am I asking too much?? I know its a quality upper.

Thanks guys,
Eli
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think that you are asking too much, it is just that it is alot of money for many of us. Be patient (if you can afford to) and someone will come along that wants it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
OK great!hepictures OK? Should I change anything with that?

Thanks again
Eli he
heres a link for a pic of her.. My 2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Id buy it if I was in the market. Its a good price and someone wouldnt have to send back and forth to ADCO for the perm. FS.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Price seems fine to me.

Seperating components seems to get the job done quicker.  You may want to sell the upper and Vltor seperately.  Good luck with the sale!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I am into bikes myself. I have been riding for about 36 years, some years more than others. If you have not already done it may I suggest you take the MSF advanced riders course. Find a location near you here
http://www.msf-usa.org/
You get a little break on your insurance and you get some valuable potentially life saving training. Can't really put a price on that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I took the basic MSF training course and it was very helpful. I've been looking into the advanced one as well.

Thanks for the advice,
Eli
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I have noticed that the sale of uppers is slowing down a bit.  Could be due to people holding out to get a gas piston upper for their collections.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Post it on Calguns.net.  Uppers are a hard to come by commodity due to the influx of lowers into the state.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#10]
One reason is there are a lot of "kitchen table dealers" selling these barely above dealer cost.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Have you bumped it every 72 hours? If it sinks to the bottom, few people have time to look that far down...just a thought. Looks like you posted and left it. The EE piles up quick.

I'd take it myself if I were in the market (For the CAS-V package mainly, I think LMT is overblown a bit).

Of course, my 1500 is tied up in an LW piston upper, etc.

Also, that few posts might be making people nervous. You may have to go the extra mile to reassure them, since there's nothing else to be done about that.

Don't kill yourself with the Gixxer. Go easy if you're off-track.

Good luck.

Pastry out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks fair to me.  I just don't like those hand guards.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Seems like a fair price to me.

The slow response may be due to the fact that those that are able/ready to drop that much change on an upper want one exactly to their specs.  

If it isn't exactly what they want, then they are looking for a "screamin' deal" on something that isn't.

I personally fall into the latter category.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#14]
IBTL, it's not fair to the other sellers for you to post an ad in the tech forums. Not a good thing to do.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:17:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
IBTL, it's not fair to the other sellers for you to post an ad in the tech forums. Not a good thing to do.hr

Whathe
I'm sorry, but I dont really understand your statement.

Thanks, Eli
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#16]
This isn't the right forum to ask about selling your AR parts. Try here www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=127

Not trying to be an ass, just make it fair for others to have an equal chance at selling in the EE.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
This isn't the right forum to ask about selling your AR parts. Try here www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=127

Not trying to be an ass, just make it fair for others to have an equal chance at selling in the EE.

I didn't know about about that section. Sorry, still very new to the forums. I am not trying to take any business from anyone, but I understand your point.

Sorry,
Eli
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Price seems fine to me.

Separating components seems to get the job done quicker.  You may want to sell the upper and Vltor seperately.  Good luck with the sale!

Words of wisdom.  You are limiting your market by trying to sell this as a unit.  You'll have to connect with someone who is looking for something as specific as an LMT 14.5" upper with permanent Phantom and Vltor CASV.  That's pretty specific and for $650 it's not going to be that easy.  People's tastes vary greatly and the more specific it is, the fewer people will be interested.

You also have a few other things working against you here.  Most people would rather take their $650 (or $700) to MSTN, a known and trusted part of AR15.com.  No offense intended at all, truly, but you are new here and $650 is a lot to entrust to a new guy.  You also don't seem to take credit cards, so someone will need the cash AND be willing to do without the protections afforded by using a credit card.

Also, while people might disagree, I think the price is a problem too.  Not that it isn't worth that much, just that it's not taking into account a few thigns.  You've made some specific choices with the black CASV and going with the permanent Phantom flash hider, choices that others might not want and for only a few bucks more can have themselves by buying new from MSTN. Make sense?  For $50 extra dollars or so based on your prices (less if they do without the permanent flash hider or can do it themselves), they can "buy" their choice of options rather than take what you have already decided on. And for that extra $50, they can also use a credit card AND go to a known seller.  Peace of mind. That's a hell of a thing to compete with by discounting it only $50.

Anyway, just my opinions. Good luck with the sale.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top