Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 5:23:35 AM EDT
I saw in a movie ( I think it was Predator) where a guy had a mossberg 590 maybe... attached to his M16 like an M203. How does one go about doing this? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I saw in a movie ( I think it was Predator) where a guy had a mossberg 590 maybe... attached to his M16 like an M203. How does one go about doing this? Thanks.

It was either a Mossberg 500 or a Remmy 870 (can't remember).  There used to be a kit available (back about the same time as the movie) that you could purchase to attach a shotgun to your AR, but it was LONG, HEAVY, and completely impractical.  I don't believe they are made anymore.

If somebody made an M203-like shotgun for civvies that was light weight, I bet they'd sell a bunch...  (especially if they included a free bayonet with each order )
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Check impact guns for the masterkey.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I've wanted one for some time now, but the only kits I've found are the "Masterkey" sets.  And they require an SBR stamp.  Not gonna happen here.  A rifle length AR and 18 inch barrel is what I'd be looking for.  Never did find one.  Lots of people talk of kits that were sold years ago, but I've never seen one available.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:29:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I bet the Remington MCS has a mount available, It shouldn't be difficult to manufacture one if they don't.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Masterkey is correct.  And its an 870 in the movie.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Start saving your money and begin working out...

Have you noticed the guys in the sandbox carry a seperate shotgun rather than mount one on their rifle?  THere's probably a good reason for it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#7]
My 20" Colt with a 30 or 40 rd mag is about as heavy as I want to go with any weapon.  I cant imagine strapping a shotty to it.  I am reasonably fit and I can't imagine trying to hold the thing at shoulder height for any length of time.  Guess you could add a bipod.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've wanted one for some time now, but the only kits I've found are the "Masterkey" sets.  And they require an SBR stamp.  Not gonna happen here.  A rifle length AR and 18 inch barrel is what I'd be looking for.  Never did find one.  Lots of people talk of kits that were sold years ago, but I've never seen one available.

Brian

I think you'd have to get a Short Barrel Shotgun stamp for this to be feasible.  Doesn't the overall length of a non SBS/SBR have to be something like 26"?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top