Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 10:08:56 PM EDT
i need to know if the #19 will fit triangular hanguard caps or not. if not who makes a 2 piece rail that will fit?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:49:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it will. All rifle length guns, and most midlengths come with a triangular handguard cap. So any non-FF rail system made for those guns should work.

The MI 19 is heavy, but is a good piece of gear. See my review here:

www.coloradoshooting.org/mi_forearm.htm
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for clearing that up. also that was a great review on the rail. you've been very helpful.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
do yo know if any modification will be needed to the rail if mounted on a bushmaster dissipator? i've read that some dremeling is needed on the KAC M5 due to the carbine length gas system and low profile gas block under the handguards.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
It fit on my stock dissy just fine. Sometimes the top of the gas block is a smidge high with some rails, and not all the Bushmaster blocks are the same size. Some have just hit the block with a belt sander to take it down a smidge.

I have to go fix my review now... I see a couple of my pictures got corrupted.

Oh, and the thing is incredibly well made. You won't be sorry.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#7]
there wasn't any interference with the gas block. it does add some weight, but it is a movement-free as a free-float fore end. thanks for all the help.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top