Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 3:28:27 PM EDT
I just got my ISMI spring from C4 Grant.

www.gandrtactical.com/ismi.htm

Ordered the carbine one, but it's about 11.75 inches.  My old carbine one that came with the adjustable stock is like 10.5".  Is this normal?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It should be. Ask C4i Grant
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just got my ISMI spring from C4 Grant.

www.gandrtactical.com/ismi.htm

Ordered the carbine one, but it's about 11.75 inches.  My old carbine one that came with the adjustable stock is like 10.5".  Is this normal?

I believe the Military gives a range for the acceptable lengths of an A2 and Carbine spring and anthing under 12 is fine for a Carbine I believe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#4]
You old one might have compressed from it's "new" length to it's current "used" length.

I measured mine new and wrote it's length on the buffer so I know where it's length started.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You old one might have compressed from it's "new" length to it's current "used" length.

I measured mine new and wrote it's length on the buffer so I know where it's length started.

that's possible.  Keep in mind though, I only fired about 200-250 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]
It depends on the wire diameter and number of coils and the spring rate.  2 springs that do the same thing can have different lengths.

5Shot
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It depends on the wire diameter and number of coils and the spring rate.  2 springs that do the same thing can have different lengths.

5Shot

Alright thanks.

C4 said it was fine as well.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]

My original buffer spring had worn down to the point that on a full mag(28rds) w/ open bolt, slapping the bolt release, the bolt would not fully slam home.

I got one of those ISMI springs, but then the rifle was short stroking like crazy, even w/ Q3131a and XM193 ammo!!  The ISMI spring was noticably longer.  Keep in mind, I did have a H2 buffer in there.

I ordered a new factory buffer spring and it runs 100% again.  The new factory spring length(DPMS) is in between the ISMI and the old spring...

FYI, YMMV.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top