Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:11:53 PM EDT
Which grip for small hands? putting together a build for the wife.

Also, who makes the lightest, non-ff, carbine length front handguard with rails?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
How 'bout an A1 grip?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife loves the Ergo grip I put on her rifle.  Not to mention it provides a nice grip during the hot sticky days of Florida summers.

$.02
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
MIAD

A1 Is about the best your going to get small wise
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Try a Tango Down Battlegrip; very nice grip for smaller hands, plus it has space for batteries if you are running optics on your rifle (Aimpoint/Eotech).

Another option is the Ergo Grip; two types to choose from (rubberized or hard plastic) and Ameetech Arms sells the Ergo Grip in a pletora of colors (that means lots of colors for those of you in Rio Linda), just in case you fancy something more colorful; Ameetech Arms also sells furniture sets in "Exotic Colors" to match.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
ERGO.

The "size" MAY look the same as that of the A1 - A2 or the Tango Down Battlegrips, but they are not. By far the Ergo is the "narrowest" / slimest grip I have ever tried. IMO.

ETA: For that reason, I do not personally use it. I have the MIAD on my AR.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The Tango down is perfect for small hands, it is really thin
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a TD on my AR and I love it. I also like the MIAD, which you can custom build to your likeing (one of the big +s the MIAD has); however, I prefer the TD because of the angle and the sandpaper texture on it, which works great IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:11:13 AM EDT
[#8]
The TangoDown or Hogue are both good small-hand options

I prefer the TD. They are very nice grips
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Tango down is perfect for small hands, it is really thin

+1
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How 'bout an A1 grip?

Or the A2.  Either will work with all sizes of hands.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Which grip for small hands? putting together a build for the wife.

A1 or Tango Down

Also, who makes the lightest, non-ff, carbine length front handguard with rails?

Thanks

Daniel Defense 7.0 - lightest install weight at 8.5oz.  It's lighter than the plastic double heat sheilded M4 handguards (8.9oz installed).

Edited to add, whoops you asked for the lightest NON FF.

Those honors go to Fobus, but after using them for a while I'd suggest you go with #2 - KAC:
(Weight of rail system in ounces) weight at end is the installed weight (for comparison with FF values).

Carbine, non-FF, Fobus M44, Railed(4), plastic (w/o covers) (6.6 oz)           9.1
Carbine, non-FF, KAC RIS, Railed (4)/2 Piece, aluminum (8.1)                     10.6
Carbine, non-FF, KAC RAS M4, Railed (4)/2 Piece, aluminum (8.8)                 11.3
Carbine, non-FF, Sampson MRFS-DI, Railed (4)/2 Piece, aluminum (9.1 oz)       11.6
Carbine, non-FF, Yankee Hill Machine, Railed(4)/2 Piece, aluminum (9.5 oz)            12
Carbine, non-FF, Surefire M73, Railed (4)/2 Piece, aluminum (10 oz)                    12.5
Carbine, non-FF, Brugger & Thomet Quad Rails, Railed(4)/2 Piece, aluminum (10.76 oz) 13.3
Carbine, non-FF, Midwest Industries Railed(4)/2 Piece, aluminum (11.9 oz)          14.4
Carbine, non-FF, GG&G Tactical Modular, Railed (4)/2 Piece, aluminum (13.5)          16
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#12]
i got the TD grip .. i got pretty small hands, u know what they say abuot people with small hands right?  we are fast typers. keke ^^ <3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top