Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 1:19:35 PM EDT
LMT upper and lower
Larue rail and mount.
Aimpoint
SOPMOD stock.
The stock is ROCK solid.
The range only allows you to sit at a bench and fire slowoooly or they kick you out. You know the kind of place. It's all we have close.
There are wood and plexiglass dividers between the stations.....10.5 inch barrels are LOUD.
The rifle was perfect.  The first shot was on the paper at 50 yards. Always makes me happy since I installed the rail.  The Aimpoint came from the EE, used  and only took minor adjustment to zero.
Again hitting the paper is good. This is another example when good parts are used 10.5 inch guns run.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet rig
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Neato, me likey!

Danny
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs a Knight's QD comp.

Very nice set-up!
I'm getting ready for my first shorty, so this is perfect inspiration!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
very nice. Job well done looks great
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
sweet
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice work!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Good looking gun!

Shooting at Hap Baker?   Did they question the 10.5" barrel?

Their slow fire rules suck.  They can be real Nazi's towards Black Rifle shooters.  I've taken to driving up to Elk Neck.  I would like a Range Officer up there but at least you can shoot and practice double taps.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Kick ass SBR. What range were you shooting at here in the People's republic of MD? One of the ranges I belong to is very anal about no rapid fire, but the range I was shooting at today was so much more fun. We had three of us on the line doing a "mad minute" with our m4geries. Not as fun as full-auto, but plenty of hot brass and the refreshing smell of burned gunpowder.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Wreckdriver, Bryan and I were shooting up at the CRESAP range in Frederick.  They don't allow rapid fire, but you can get away with quick follow up shots.  It is all bench shooting though.  Very interested in where one can do the standing, mad minutes (feel free to email the info).  Other than the mg shoots around the holidays, we've been unsuccessful in locating a place that is less restrictive than CRESAP or Hap Baker.

Thanks.  

Jeff
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Check your IM Jeff. The info is also posted in the MD hometown forum.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Too loud?  Put a Noveske Krink FH on it.  You will think it is quieter than a 16".  Mine is at least.

MadDog
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Bryan

tried to IM back, but system said you were not accepting IM's

Any way,  Elk Neck State park is up I-95 at Exit 100, turn right off the exit cross I- 40 and follow the signs.  It's $10 all day, and you can rapid fire, shoot from standing, sitting or prone.  It's a 200 yard range, but no RO's (which is annoying, safety could be better) and you have to bring your own target stands (4ft off the ground minium)  

IM or Email me if you need any more info. I'm shooting Sunday morning if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice rig.  I like the Multicam carrier as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I had a Noveske Krink on it.  Sold it.
Yes, it performed as advertised.  Less noise and less muzzle rise.
I wanted the shortest length with a carbine gas system.  The krink added more length and weight out front   than I wanted.  The LMT works without the krink so that was not an issue.

Thanks for the range info.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you think the SOPMOD was worth the money?  I've been looking at them lately and handled one this weekend at the gunshow.  They feel so damn good, but I'm going to have serious buyer's remorse, I fear.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#18]
elk neck is a 100 yard yard range, an i was very rapid firing my carbine this week end, as well as there where a few kids with an ak, doing mag dumps
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:56:58 AM EDT
[#19]
The SOPMOD is a very good stock.  Very solid. I like mine and will keep it. I dont know if I will spend the money to buy another.  I like the Vltor stock, not as long or as solid as the SOPMOD.  It is
almost $100 less.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top