[#5]
Very Nice!  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]
They look like Midwest Industries HGs.  

Sweet trade.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn I'd trade my kid(If I had one) for that!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry...I was in a hurry....wife wanted to go to the grocery store.  I was going to give details, but had to go.  

Ok,  Traded a Glock 17 2nd gen. 4 Glock hi-cap magazines, a lasermax system, and $400.00 cash.

Got a stag AR with all the accessories you see in the pic (midwest rail system, arms #40 buis, eotech, phantom FH, ergo grip, winter trigger guard, magpul stock, magpul 1 point sling adapter, magpul strike plate) minus the M910A (already owned that), (4) 30rnders (good quality) original stock, 60rounds of U.S. brass, Original M4 style HG, stock tool, original pistol grip, original buffer spring, original buffer, original A2 Flash hider, and an extra DPMS lower with fcg.  

Here is the Glock I traded:

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Without a doubt the most lopsided trade ever.  You made out like a bandit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats one fine looking setup
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Good deal!

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#12]
w00t!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Steal of the year
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Steal of the year

Nahh......my glock was in excellent condition and the lasermax system was practically unused.  1 Glock mag was new in the bag.  I also bought all of that during the dark years.....1 mag I paid $94.00 cash for...the other was $50.00.  He loved glocks and didnt want his AR anymore.....so WE felt it was a fair deal...I also paid for his pistol transfer during the FTF @ my local dealer.  Put it this way...We BOTH were really happy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#15]
You seem to be building up a kick-ass inventory of AR's lately. How do you like the MI handguards compared to the Troy rail on your S&W? Sounds like a nice trade...Both parties got what they wanted.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You seem to be building up a kick-ass inventory of AR's lately. How do you like the MI handguards compared to the Troy rail on your S&W? Sounds like a nice trade...Both parties got what they wanted.

The MI has a little play....but is still nice........the S&W...I was going to give a range report on it soon....but to answer your question....the Troy rail is nice and solid but S&W manufactured mine or better yet installed my Troy on crooked....so bad that I cannot mount the Eotech on without a cant because the troy top rail doesnt line up with the upper's top rail.  Easy fix right?  NOPE!  I loosened the four screws that hold the troy rail on and evened out the top rail of both so that optic could be mounted flat.  Well....that threw the front sight to a side and now the iron sights are off.  It shoot about 3 inches to the right.  I have to crank the rear sight all the way to the left to get a straight shot and to line it up with my Eotech's recticle.  I took off the assembly all together and remounted it to try to fix the problem....same results....I tried a different BUIS in the rear to see if that would help...nope....finally I had to support the barrel and press on the free float to move it over and then tighten the screws again....I have a good co-witness now but the rear is still cranked halfway over to the left.  300 rounds later too I might add....kinda pisses me off to spend that kind of money and those idiot never test fired t before it left the factory to see if the sight s were on?  Christ...I didnt even hit the target at 100 yards.  Anyways...look for a full range report soon.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Good deal ...great set up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sounds like the Eotech is one of the ones that had a problem....

Neg.  The Eotech used with both BUIS folded down (no co-witnessing) @ 25yards was approx. 1 inch low and @ 100yards dead on.  Then I would flip the BUIS up to see and the co-witnessing was off....now it is good to go.......have to go back to the range to confirm though....Shooting AR's is def more expensive than AK's. (I use wolf in AK's and U.S. brass in AR's)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like the Eotech is one of the ones that had a problem....

Neg.  The Eotech used with both BUIS folded down (no co-witnessing) @ 25yards was approx. 1 inch low and @ 100yards dead on.  Then I would flip the BUIS up to see and the co-witnessing was off....now it is good to go.......have to go back to the range to confirm though....Shooting AR's is def more expensive than AK's. (I use wolf in AK's and U.S. brass in AR's)

I shoot Wolf in all my rifles, ARs included.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Without a doubt the most lopsided trade ever.  You made out like a bandit.

Ditto!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry to hear about the Troy handguard. The funny thing is, when I checked out the S&W (apparently your weapon) at the Harrisburg gunshow I thought the handguard didn't match up perfectly with the upper reciever. Does the Troy rail have an indexing tab on the top rail like the Larue? Anyway, thanks for the info. Keep us posted with a follow up range report.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top