Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 11:03:36 PM EDT

This is news to me. I am in Cleveland and just found this little tid bit out.

I wonder if it is OK to conceal my XD9mm with the 15 round mags when I'm visiting Columbus?

I heard there was a "high-capacity" magazine ban too??

It seams that the law only applies to semi-auto. I guess I will have to conceal carry my full auto m11/9mm instead of my XD Pistol when I'm in Columbus?

Anyone know anything about his?

"How to identify an Assault Weapon"

Assault Weapon Defintion
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

This is news to me. I am in Cleveland and just found this little tid bit out.

I wonder if it is OK to conceal my XD9mm with the 15 round mags when I'm visiting Columbus?

I heard there was a "high-capacity" magazine ban too??

It seams that the law only applies to semi-auto. I guess I will have to conceal carry my full auto m11/9mm instead of my XD Pistol when I'm in Columbus?

Anyone know anything about his?

"How to identify an Assault Weapon"

Assault Weapon Defintion

If you really conceal it will be a non-issue.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, my 10/22 with a thumhole stock is an ASSAULT RIFLE! Idiots..... Sorry I'm off topic...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish i could say "be thankfull it is only restricted to one town...."

But being thankfull for something like this is just plain stupid.

Fight it..

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
WTF is it with the term "assault rifle".

I mean damn, ask any deer that has been hit with my 30-30 or .270. They were pretty well assaulted...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
That fucking law makes any AR, M1A, etc, etc, illegal.  Assholes.

""Assault weapon" means any:
(1) Semi-automatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:
1 of 2
(a) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the receiver of the weapon;
(b) Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
(c) A folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock;
(d) A shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel; or
(e) A muzzle brake or muzzle compensator;"
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#8]
the law is a very long one...

pretty much, it only allows fixed magazine centerfire rifles, shotguns, and pistols that are only setup to receive magazines with 10 rounds or less.

I live in columbus, and I hate it. Everything is supposed to be out of city limits or 'registered' with the city police. Truly unconstitutional.

Lets just say, alot of people ignore it
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img396.imageshack.us/img396/8396/saltweapon8qn.gif

+1+1+1+1+1 or +5

That is hilarious

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, those horrible thumb-hole stocks!  If it wasn't for those deadly devices, firearms would be benign playthings.  I can't think of any modern army that uses semiauto-only rifles in the assault...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#11]
The answer is simple: Make sure it's FULLY automatic. Ohio allows machine guns, correct?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top