Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:13:00 PM EDT
I just love the A2 buttstock.  do you guys think it looks goofy?  My future plan is to put a lo-pro gas block and a samson/troy/mi industries  rifle length free float rail and flip up front sight. but in the meantime. I love the length of the A2 buttstock.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks too big for an M4/CAR in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The first AR I built looked almost identical to the top picture, except it had a RRA tac handle.  I liked it quite a bit but then found the beauty of  the M4 syle stock.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
you must be 8 feet tall. i despise the lop on a2 stocks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
A2 is actually too short for me, 6 pos with a SOG pad on it is longer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:43:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the A2 because it's solid, however the LOP is horrible.  Put on some body armor or a tac vest and your cheek weld is middle of the stock.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:54:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I built my RRA Entry with an A1 stock on it. It fits me perfect....... WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the A1 stock better.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:05:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I wrote up a range report last week on a carbine w/ an A2 stock...
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=274634&page=1#bottom

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:44:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I like the A2 because it's solid, however the LOP is horrible.  Put on some body armor or a tac vest and your cheek weld is middle of the stock.

Uh ya well I'd be a wanna-be/Loser if I ran around wearing body armour or tac-vest, seeing how im not LE..  

I'd be a Tactiloser,, hmmmm kind of like a lot of wannabe's on here..LOL..
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I like the A1 stock better.

Me too!

I know it's a middy barrel but it is 16" long so it's still technically a carbine!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry for the newbish question, but what's the difference between the A1 and the A2? Looks the same to me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sorry for the newbish question, but what's the difference between the A1 and the A2? Looks the same to me.

Length.  A2 is a bit longer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#15]
A1 works better for me..... In this case an original M16 stock in A1 length.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Do A1 and A2 stocks use the same size buffer tube and spring?  Anyone know where i can get the trapdoor endplate with screws for an A1 stock?  thanks
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Do A1 and A2 stocks use the same size buffer tube and spring?  Anyone know where i can get the trapdoor endplate with screws for an A1 stock?  thanks

Yes they use the same spring, buffer, and tube. The upper screw is shorter and there is no spacer inside the stock like on an A2. For the end plate and screws you might try Fulton Armory. Keep in mind if you have one of the early M16 stocks (or SP1) which has no trap door storage, you can't just put an A1 butt plate on it (IIRC). You need an actual M16A1 buttstock. The length of pull is the same for M16 and M16A1.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#18]
btw my ar no longer wears the fixed stock....i moved on to a telestock 6 pos b/c the majority of this rifle will be used in cqb for law enforcement and wanted that adjustibility....but i do like the fixed stock better i must say

no pix as of now but might this weekend cuz i'm gonna get her out to shoot being the weather stays as nice as it is!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#20]
The A2 stock is 5/8" longer than the A1 stock.  The materials use on the A1 and A2 are different, as is some cosmetics of the buttplate.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:09:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
btw my ar no longer wears the fixed stock....i moved on to a telestock 6 pos b/c the majority of this rifle will be used in cqb for law enforcement and wanted that adjustibility....but i do like the fixed stock better i must say

no pix as of now but might this weekend cuz i'm gonna get her out to shoot being the weather stays as nice as it is!

You know, its funny you should say that. I see a trend on entry teams to move away from a telestock and back to a short fixed stock. The Sully stock is about to becoming one of the hot setups on entry team guns.

Why?
They are solid.
They work well with body armor.
They don't move or rattle.
They provide a better cheek weld then the standard telestock.
And, when you're doing an entry you set your stock and forget it. There are few if any who actually adjust the stock during an op since there is really no need to.

So use what works best for you, but a lot of guys that know, are "beta testing" the fixed stock concept as we speak. And it is worth trying.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:16:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, its funny you should say that. I see a trend on entry teams to move away from a telestock and back to a short fixed stock. The Sully stock is about to becoming one of the hot setups on entry team guns.

Why?
They are solid.
They work well with body armor.
They don't move or rattle.
They provide a better cheek weld then the standard telestock.
And, when you're doing an entry you set your stock and forget it. There are few if any who actually adjust the stock during an op since there is really no need to.

So use what works best for you, but a lot of guys that know, are "beta testing" the fixed stock concept as we speak. And it is worth trying.

i know what u're sayin bro....i really like the adjustibility of the stock however because when i shoot i like to have my nose on charging handle and my body as close to the lower as possible...it's just the way i do it and feel comfortable....i like the fixed stock because of the strength but was willing to sacrifice and am not really worried about the cheek weld because all that takes is a little practice to consistent weld in the same spot each time.

lance...thx for the input however as its always good to see guys with useful info on here
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
A1 works better for me..... In this case an original M16 stock in A1 length.

coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/bbadmin-Album-1/CMT_CAR_028.sized.jpg

Nice setup.  Great example of the KISS principle.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Like this?

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like this?

groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VwDsAhUaK2lagF1H5rGC1o7loVwhPnoE6gvIs2rj1cWmV8Treo3ryCIaxNfLvF2rvVugm22RZPZKmiE8clCtEoATOshTV2mFe8VKwqNmOgsG8iAS0zas1TYxdZKUljAz/IMGA0566.JPG?dc=4675567416134515112

Yea like that. I have actually considered that for my new, still under construction M4. Thanks Forest.

fivepointoh

No offense intended. By the way... we need pics of your gun. I showed you mine......
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#27]
hey i already put pix up lol.....none w/ the telestock but the pix are up w/ my fixed stock
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

An A2 buttplate will work just fine on an A1 stock.  Differences are slight and cosmetic.  The A1s had a reputation for cracking at the screw hole; many that you find currently look run hard and put up wet.
Moon
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Who gives  afuck what it looks like if it works for you!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Who gives  afuck what it looks like if it works for you!

amen brutha!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Recce with A2 stock.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top