Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:12:49 PM EDT
Okay, so I know that all of the questions here are theoretical because none of us actually own any guns, but that said - if I know of a friend who wanted to buy a semi-large number of AR15's (5-10) what would his best options be?

My friend is looking for a combination of function and value, although function is obviously essential. He was looking for probably something like 3 A2 carbines with collapsing stock, 5 carbines with full stock (3 A2, 2 flat top), 2 20" free floaters with flat top.

Why does he want these? Because he makes too much money and wants to fill out his wall. He would most likely shoot them once and then wonder why he thought he needed to buy so many, but his mind gets single tracked. So he comes here to ask theoretical questions.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
COLT 6721

then tell him Quality > Quantity

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Okay, so I know that all of the questions here are theoretical because none of us actually own any guns, but that said - if I know of a friend who wanted to buy a semi-large number of AR15's (5-10) what would his best options be?

My friend is looking for a combination of function and value, although function is obviously essential. He was looking for probably something like 3 A2 carbines with collapsing stock, 5 carbines with full stock (3 A2, 2 flat top), 2 20" free floaters with flat top.

Why does he want these? Because he makes too much money and wants to fill out his wall. He would most likely shoot them once and then wonder why he thought he needed to buy so many, but his mind gets single tracked. So he comes here to ask theoretical questions.

STAG
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Stag comes HIGHLY rated.  I'd consider giving my business to CMMG.  Good folks, excellent product, great price.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheapest bestest would probably be to buy 5-10 stripped lowers and build 'em the way you want 'em.  You can get kits for complete guns (less the stripped lower) from places like J&T, or buy your parts a la carte from any of the various sources you'll find on EE.  It'll save you a bundle on the federal excise tax.  That's what I did, anyway.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm.

Well , if he's spending that much money and buying  5+ let me make a couple of
suggestions.

SKIP the A2 versions - less versatile and no more sturdy than a Flattop with a carry handle.

Get full stocks on the 20" rifles - BUT put either Crane or Magpul stocks on the shorties.

Maybe buy one less rifle and get one ACOG and an Eotech or Aimpoint.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
COLT 6721

I already have quality guns, these are for my family and friends whom can either not afford them or do not like the guns as of yet. They aren't gifts, just in case they might be needed some day - you know like at a fun shoot or something.

Edited to add - I meant my friend.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
COLT 6721

I already have quality guns, these are for my family and friends whom can either not afford them or do not like the guns as of yet. They aren't gifts, just in case they might be needed some day - you know like at a fun shoot or something.

Edited to add - I meant my friend.

Getting ready for the zombies, eh?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#8]
your question is very odd? not sure exactly what you want a crate of crappy AR15's for. anyway if you wanted a pretty neat collection and money burning fun...if i had a 5-10k limit i would get:

SP1 with triangle handguards and original stock,  $1k

M4 14.5 with perm FH for 16". A3 upper with optional ACOG  $2k

XM155 clone with perm FH for 16", A1 upper  $1k

9mm RRA or colt with aimpoint or eotech, flat top  $1.2k

20" varmit, flat top bulbarrel.. freefloat..bipod..6-12x+ glass  $2-2.5k depending on optics

mags and ammo. hell, get some 30rd hk mags and beta drums while your at it

i would use colt, RRA, or bushmaster parts
...of course you could always just get 15 vulcan/hesse/kaboom ar15's instead
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
your question is very odd? not sure exactly what you want a crate of crappy AR15's for. anyway if you wanted a pretty neat collection and money burning fun...if i had a 5-10k limit i would get:

SP1 with triangle handguards and original stock,  $1k

M4 14.5 with perm FH for 16". A3 upper with optional ACOG  $2k

XM155 clone with perm FH for 16", A1 upper  $1k

9mm RRA or colt with aimpoint or eotech, flat top  $1.2k

20" varmit, flat top bulbarrel.. freefloat..bipod..6-12x+ glass  $2-2.5k depending on optics

mags and ammo. hell, get some 30rd hk mags and beta drums while your at it

i would use colt, RRA, or bushmaster parts
...of course you could always just get 15 vulcan/hesse/kaboom ar15's instead

You pay way to much for your guns.  You can build an AR in any of these configurations with quality parts for way less.  Heck, you could buy most if not all of them ready made by a quality manufacturer for a lot less than what's listed above.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#10]
If I had that much to blow at once...I'd go NFA.

Or if I just wanted a bunch of semi ARs I'd go Colt...and get a mix.  6520s for the A2 carbines.  6920/6921s (SBR of course) for the A3s.  And build the 20inchers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#11]
very general estimates. probably be able to do alot of the 1k guns for $7-800. other prices included optics
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top