Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 4:10:15 PM EDT
I just bought a VLTOR modstock, and I had to buy a new stock tube too. The instructions say to remove the locking pin? but i can't seem to knock it out, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]
locking pin? on what? the stock? the receiver?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You shouldn't have to punch out any pins to install the Modstoc, IIRC. If you pull STRAIGHT DOWN on the stock retaining lever--don't use the lever as a lever, pull straight down on the lock lever perpendicular to the long axis of the stock--the stock should simply slide onto the buffer tube.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You shouldn't have to punch out any pins to install the Modstoc, IIRC. If you pull STRAIGHT DOWN on the stock retaining lever--don't use the lever as a lever, pull straight down on the lock lever perpendicular to the long axis of the stock--the stock should simply slide onto the buffer tube.

+1. No need to remove the pin. Install the stock onto the tube and then pull down on the latch and slide it the rest of the way on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
the buffer tube doesn't seem to want to go in... i dont know. HELP!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
ok NVM i got it...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
if the stock on my rifle is against my chest... like im pointing the rifle.. do i turn the ring nut CCW or CW?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you are referring to righty tighty lefty loosey?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think you are referring to righty tighty lefty loosey?

yeah i am... this damn ring nut is on there so tight! any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#9]
It should come off by turning counter clockwise if looking down the sights of the rifle. I had one castle nut that I had put on a buffer tube and snugged down that I had to remove witha dremel. For some reason it seized onto the buffer tube. I broke a cheap stock wrench and tore the steel notches out of the nut with a heavy multi tool wrench. I had to cut the damn thing off. Maybe yours won't do you like mine did.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top