Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/25/2006 12:55:48 PM EDT
Finally got my Rock River just the way I want it for carry on duty and thought I'd snap a few pics. I love this rifle more every time I shoot it. Oh, and it goes 10-8 (In service) Monday at 1800 hrs. Finished Patrol Rifle school yesterday. Qualified with a 148 score out of a possible 150 (99%). She never had a hiccup and shot super sweet!

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh man! She is pretty.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Oh man! She is pretty.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh man! She is pretty.

Thanks.

can I have it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats a great looking set up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh man! She is pretty.

Thanks.

can I have it?

For a phenominal fee... yeah.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thats a great looking set up.

It's a great WORKING set up, too. Now that I've got the ASP sling back on it I can't think of a single thing I'd change about it, except maybe shorten the barrel a little for a shorter package for building clearance and such... but it shoots and operates so sweet I'm not going to mess with that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
It's good to see more L.E. working with this type of weapon. Do you have a Hyd.Buffer in it? If not,get one. " my advice, Its worth it" help'd me stay on target with the 2-5 rnd's in speed fire.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#9]
w00t!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's good to see more L.E. working with this type of weapon. Do you have a Hyd.Buffer in it? If not,get one. " my advice, Its worth it" help'd me stay on target with the 2-5 rnd's in speed fire.

Good luck.

I've been considering the Enidine buffer, but haven't dropped the $$ yet. Do the hyd buffers really make that much difference?

And the AR beats the hell out of our dept's issue rifle... The Remington 7615 Police... Wouldn't be a bad rifle in semi-auto with a better set of AR style sights, but the pump action and Wilson Combat sights don't do this little rifle justice at all... I like the fact that it takes AR mags though.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
My RRA is my favorite out of the 4 that I have had.

Your set up is awesome.....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My RRA is my favorite out of the 4 that I have had.

Your set up is awesome.....

Yeah, the dealer I got mine from actualy sold his Colts to buy RRA AR's. He's that sold on their quality. He is a machinist by trade and he says that the Rock River is the most well done piece out there right now from what he has seen. I'm definitely sold on RRA.

And thanks for the compliment on my baby.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
how much lighter do you think it is as an M4 cut than the heavy bbl?

Looks good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
how much lighter do you think it is as an M4 cut than the heavy bbl?

Looks good.

I have no idea what the weight difference is between M4/Govt profile and Hbar. This rifle is definitely not "light" though. And thanks for the compliment.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Do you have to pull out a rifle often as a sheriff?  Every patrol car in my town has an AR in it and I don't understand why because the most serious thing cops do around here is issue underage drinkings and hand out speeding tickets.  My town is 2.2 square miles and we have 12 cops on the payroll and they don't do JACK!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Do you have to pull out a rifle often as a sheriff?  Every patrol car in my town has an AR in it and I don't understand why because the most serious thing cops do around here is issue underage drinkings and hand out speeding tickets.  My town is 2.2 square miles and we have 12 cops on the payroll and they don't do JACK!

Ummm... newsflash... I don't have to pull my Glock out too terribly often as a Sheriff, but I'm damn sure not going to work without it. What's so bad about being prepared and not needing the tools you have? That's much better than ending up needing it and NOT having it.

Besides, given the increasing number of incidents involving active shooters, standoffs, and armed robberies over the recent years I'd say that the likelyhood of needing a weapon with longer effective range than a Glock is much higher than it was, say, 5 years ago. And we are close enough to a major US city that it's not out of the question for us to be deployed to assist in a major catastrophy, terrorist event, or general SHTF scenario. Hell, we even sent several Deputies to help patrol efforts after Katrina.

It all goes back to the old saying, "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." Especially when your line of work dictates intervening rather than just turning tail and running.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh man! She is pretty.

Thanks.

can I have it?

Ive got $38

Too bad you cant just carry that on you all the time haha. You know? That would be total respect. What knod of buttstock is that? How does it feel?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm... newsflash... I don't have to pull my Glock out too terribly often as a Sheriff, but I'm damn sure not going to work without it. What's so bad about being prepared and not needing the tools you have? That's much better than ending up needing it and NOT having it.

Besides, given the increasing number of incidents involving active shooters, standoffs, and armed robberies over the recent years I'd say that the likelyhood of needing a weapon with longer effective range than a Glock is much higher than it was, say, 5 years ago. And we are close enough to a major US city that it's not out of the question for us to be deployed to assist in a major catastrophy, terrorist event, or general SHTF scenario. Hell, we even sent several Deputies to help patrol efforts after Katrina.

It all goes back to the old saying, "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it." Especially when your line of work dictates intervening rather than just turning tail and running.

I wondered if you were going to answer.  I typed a reply...then edited out the 4-letter words......then there wasn't much left so I decided to let it go
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh man! She is pretty.

Thanks.

can I have it?

Ive got $38

Too bad you cant just carry that on you all the time haha. You know? That would be total respect. What knod of buttstock is that? How does it feel?

Sorry but $38 is not phenominal enough.

Not sure whether a holstered AR would garner respect, or just outright FEAR. And the stock is a Magpul M93B 8 position collapsible. Absolutely AWESOME stock and worth every penny it costs. It's far more solid feeling than the CAR 6 position that came on my rifle. Also, the cheek weld is WORLDS better on the Magpul. The ability to preset positions is great, too. Position #5 is where I like it and with a preset piece installed I can quickly open it to position 5 and lock it in without going back and forth past the sweet spot like I always did trying to get my CAR stock in my favorite position.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wondered if you were going to answer.  I typed a reply...then edited out the 4-letter words......then there wasn't much left so I decided to let it go

To be honest, it took a little editing for me to come up with a postable reply.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Excellent !  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

When I retire as a L.E.O. I'm going to move to In A Gadda Da Vida, Pa.  We can go shooting together.    

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#23]
nice rig! Mine will look that way someday....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#24]
mco & sharkbait... Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry about the thread hijack earlier.    Some people don't understand.  

EntryTac  Very nice carbine.  RRA is a great choice.  

I hope to attend a Patrol Carbine School soon.  

I have my carbine ready.  Bushmaster lower, Vltor stock, 15" RRA upper (flash hider permanently attached for the legal 16") and a Knights RASII toped off with an Aimpoint.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Great pictures and a nice setup.  You should go use it every day so you get your moneys worth.

ETA- How many rounds for the total week?

To get my money's worth I'd have to sling it up every time I got out of the car. This thing was 'spensive! Can't wait to start on my next one though.

100 to 150 rounds a day for four days (one day of classroom). Not nearly enough for me. We had 16 in the class so the day was spent switching between groups. I spent half the day watching the second group shoot. I hope to get into some other rifle schools this year as well though. Maybe I can get my fill in those.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sorry about the thread hijack earlier.  img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/Smiley%20signs/G-H-I/hijacked_1.gif  Some people don't understand.  

EntryTac  Very nice carbine.  RRA is a great choice.  

I hope to attend a Patrol Carbine School soon.  

I have my carbine ready.  Bushmaster lower, Vltor stock, 15" RRA upper (flash hider permanently attached for the legal 16") and a Knights RASII toped off with an Aimpoint.  

No prob on the jackin', man. It's all good. The class was fun, but as I mentioned in my reply to Stickman, too many students = not enough rounds spent for my tastes. Still, free ammo and overtime pay to burn it is ALWAYS great.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Much better to carry the thing around for 20 years and never need it than need it even one time and not have it...

Matt
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Great looking set up on the RRA.  I have a colt CAR (1983) a Armalite and a RRA.  I have had the Colt forever but if TSHTF I would grab the RRA.  It will shoot less than 1 MOA at 100 yards and I have never had a FFTor FTE with it.  I did opt for the Aimpoint ML2 rather than the Eotech but either one works great.  The officers and Deputies in the county where I live are not issued any type of rifle (eastern NC).  If they want one they have to pay for it.  Even the Remington you were issued would be appreciated.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice rifle sir.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice set up you have there!  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice rifle and pics !!!

One day when my RRA grows up, thats what it wants to be

Good to hear about the Magpul stock, thats probably my next stock purchase.

Stay safe,
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I posted the comment about the Buffer, yes in my opion they are worth the $$. Of all the Ar/M-16 that i have shot,from before USMC., Till today. The most pleasant have been with the hyd-buffer.

And I hope you NEVER need that rifle in the line of duty.

But living in the world we do today,with gangbanggers that have the same weapons. And are not affaid to spray just for a bad rock of crack. Well then I'm more than happy to see L.E. with the same weapons and BETTER traing.

And to the post from PA.I live in a small town here in Oh. Last year we had a Detroit,Mi gang member that shot and killed a Ohio State Patrol Men. The Patrol men hit this guy 3 time's with a 45 acp. But did nothing to body armor. Our local "powdunk" cop shot and killed him with 3-223 rnds that came from a Bushmaster AR-M4. The days of a on duty officer with a 9mm and a 12ga in his car are over. Small towns included.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Sorry but $38 is not phenominal enough.

Not sure whether a holstered AR would garner respect, or just outright FEAR. And the stock is a Magpul M93B 8 position collapsible. Absolutely AWESOME stock and worth every penny it costs. It's far more solid feeling than the CAR 6 position that came on my rifle. Also, the cheek weld is WORLDS better on the Magpul. The ability to preset positions is great, too. Position #5 is where I like it and with a preset piece installed I can quickly open it to position 5 and lock it in without going back and forth past the sweet spot like I always did trying to get my CAR stock in my favorite position.

Hahaha well its even less now. I had to go and see Inside man and get some Pizza hut. I guess Im out of luck.

Oh yeah. Youd be tougher than robocop! That thing is soo bada$$. Ill have to remember that. I wish I had the $200 for it! It looks comfortable. Ill have to stick to the ace stock.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#37]
EntryTac- Buy the way. Don't forget that little piece on the Bottom of your stock. Would put a dam nice bump on some @#$%-holes head.You no less than deadly force.http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/toptrophy/AR-5.jpg

Just a little show and tell, Didn't think you'd mind.
This is the new P.O.F. Piston upper. And I also LOVE this stock.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Nice looking rifle EntryTac.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice gun, but I must see a full shot of what looks to be an all black cruiser.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
EntryTac- Buy the way. Don't forget that little piece on the Bottom of your stock. Would put a dam nice bump on some @#$%-holes head.You no less than deadly force.

i36.photobucket.com/albums/e22/toptrophy/AR-5.jpg

Just a little show and tell, Didn't think you'd mind.
This is the new P.O.F. Piston upper. And I also LOVE this stock.

Thanks for the feedback on the hyd buffer. I'll likely spring for one soon. And nice rifle you have there. I almost went with Coyote for the stock and for the grip (which I plan to get soon). Decided to go black with this one and do Coyote for my next build.

And yes, the Magpul MSS strike plate would probably raise a pretty good knot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Nice Pr0n

What sling is that?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:28:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Nice gun, but I must see a full shot of what looks to be an all black cruiser.

Sorry to disappoint but the cruiser is grey, not black. Here's a shot of it on an accident scene...

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:30:30 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Nice Pr0n

What sling is that?

ASP single point sling. CLICK HERE for more info. AWESOME piece. Very well made and extremely comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks, I'm looking for something for the 6.8.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:43:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Thanks, I'm looking for something for the 6.8.

I can't imagine any single point sling being any better than this one. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a single point.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:34:08 AM EDT
[#46]
EntryTac,

Very nice rifle!  I always love to see the rifles we use in the field.  I am assuming you paid for all that, or did the Department issue it?  My Department is issuing Colts, but at the pace of a snail.  I decided (for reasons mentioned above) to not wait, and bought my own.  Did my rifle school Dec 2005 and had a blast.

Again, great looking rifle!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:19:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
EntryTac,

Very nice rifle!  I always love to see the rifles we use in the field.  I am assuming you paid for all that, or did the Department issue it?  My Department is issuing Colts, but at the pace of a snail.  I decided (for reasons mentioned above) to not wait, and bought my own.  Did my rifle school Dec 2005 and had a blast.

i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Tominator425/My%20Guns/AR-15inPDCar.jpg

Again, great looking rifle!

Thanks, and yes I paid for all of it myself. Our issue stick is going to be the Remington 7615 Police pump action rifle. Only SWAT perimeter guys get issued an AR (Vietnam era surplus M16's converted to semi). Entry team gets issued select fire G36's. I'm not SWAT so...

I wasn't crazy about a pump action patrol rifle so I bought my own. I'm soooo glad I did. Had no idea until recently what I'd been missing out on all these years by not having an AR in my arsenal. I'm still learning the idiosyncrasies of the AR, but I'm loving every minute of it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:30:25 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I posted the comment about the Buffer, yes in my opion they are worth the $$. Of all the Ar/M-16 that i have shot,from before USMC., Till today. The most pleasant have been with the hyd-buffer.

And I hope you NEVER need that rifle in the line of duty.

But living in the world we do today,with gangbanggers that have the same weapons. And are not affaid to spray just for a bad rock of crack. Well then I'm more than happy to see L.E. with the same weapons and BETTER traing.

And to the post from PA.I live in a small town here in Oh. Last year we had a Detroit,Mi gang member that shot and killed a Ohio State Patrol Men. The Patrol men hit this guy 3 time's with a 45 acp. But did nothing to body armor. Our local "powdunk" cop shot and killed him with 3-223 rnds that came from a Bushmaster AR-M4. The days of a on duty officer with a 9mm and a 12ga in his car are over. Small towns included.  

And after a bit more reading on the topic of hydraulic buffers I went ahead and ordered one just now. I look forward to giving it a try.

And I, too, hope I never need the rifle on duty. It is comforting to have it handy if I do though. Until now we couldn't even get authorized to carry personal rifles and there was no issue rifle. We have had to rely on an 870 with slugs for longer "precision" shots. Of course 12 ga slugs still have their place, but there are many situations that rifles are better suited for. It's good to finally have it as an option.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Very nice weapon.  

Question for you -

Suppose you use your personal weapon on the job, a righteous shoot, a bad guy dead.  How long do you think they (your department, or the investigating agency) will keep your personal weapon in evidence?  I believe most departments keep homicide evidence forever, they don't dispose of it...ever.  It would be a bummer to have it taken for who knows how long.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#50]
EntryTac:

I'm pretty sure you will be please'd with your buffer. I worked with group here trying to get them to up grade from 12ga to the AR. (still carry there 12ga in trunk).  After the shooting here, The on duty officer said "it was the best up grade they had had".

We found a dealer that would sell us 4- Bushmasters at his cost and on a "pay as you get it plan". Our small town has no budget for extra items like such. But we like it small.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top