Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 12:09:29 PM EDT
Thinking about getting my first AR, but not sure what to get.  Reliability is most important to me.  What do you all think about the Colt 6920?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man, I'll search.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy it its a colt you wont be disappointed!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Once I got a 6920, it made me buy an AR6520 and an MT6700. There is a difference. You'll see.

Now to finish that pitcher of Kool-Aid...

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my 6920 last X-Mas and I am very DISAPPOINTED with it and Colt because QC problems and I even sent it back to Colt and they fixed part of it. I wanted them to replace the upper reciever beause it had dremmel marks on one side of it. They replaced the handguards and the carryhandle and did a sorry touch-up job to the front sight where and been dropped and marked up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
A 6920 was my first Colt and I love it. Since, I have gotten a 6700C,6721,2-SP1's, 6530 and 6724. I sold all my other non-Colt brands and I have owned most  from all the other manufactures. Once you own a Colt you'll understand why. Buy a Colt then built it up with acessories as you can afford. You won't be disapointed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#7]

<<<<<<<<<<<<-------------------    

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
The 6920 would be a fine choice as a first rifle.
A 6520 would be a close second.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
PP: I have a Colt LE 6920 I bought about 4 years ago. It still shoots great, and I am in the process of having it modified with aftermarket parts from Daniels Defense, LMT, Troy, GG&G and a trigger system from Geissele when ever they get it to me. All I can say is that's its a Colt. Of the 23 handguns I own 16 are Colts in one iteration or another. I love Colts. They are expensive,the Company sold us out, but it is still Colt. Just my two cents worth.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Any AR made by a high quaility company (i.e. Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, RRA) will score high in the reliability department. They all use excellent parts, though it is *possible* that Colt's weapons may have a tiny edge in reliability, mostly due to a few extra factory steps. IMHO, these steps may justify an extra $50 in price, not the $300-$500 more that you will pay for a Colt. If cosmetic appearance is important to you then be cautious of buying a Colt, as many of their rifles have tools marks or uneven finishes.

Any rifle made by one of the big names will function just fine for you, and Colt certainly makes a great product. However, if it were me I would be looking at RRA. Extremely reliable, much better price and excellent fit and finish. Best value on the market, IMO. Not to mention that RRA is not a civilian screwing company like some others.........
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the help guys.  I am going to look close at Colt and RRA.  I have heard that Colt's customer sevice sucks, and that will factor in.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Colts hold their value.  Buy one now, take good care of it, sell it for more than you paid.  Try that with anything else!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a 6920 and sold off my other brands.  It's been the best rifle I've ever owned.  If you buy one you wont be dissapointed.

People bitch about the price but you get the whole package.  Side sling adapter, F marked front sight base, correct M4 stamping, etc...   Even with Bushmaster you dont get an F marked front sight base.  They only install a taller front sight post, and there's no M4 markings.  If you want a true M4 (minus full auto and 14" barrel of course) then go with the Colt.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top