Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 7:02:06 AM EDT
I am new to AR's so bear with me. I recently got a new Bushmaster M4 carbine...and have put about 200-300 rounds thru it. So far it has functioned flawlessly...except when I used some garbage ammo. My question is this...I have noticed that the gun feels "loose". When I grip the VFG, I can feel some play between the upper and lower receiver...when the bolt is forward. When I lock the bolt back...it tightens up. This is not a big deal...I just want to know if this is a normal occurance in an AR15, or is there something wrong with my rifle. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:04:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Perfectly normal movement. What kind of junk ammo you useing to cause malfunctions?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I was using Ultramax reloads...had I known what I know now about that ammo...never again. Luckily I had no explosions...but I had some bizaare malfunctions with that stuff.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#3]
bump
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, that's normal.  If you want to tighten up the wiggle, get an "accuwedge."  It does nothing for accuracy, but it will take out the wiggle room between the receivers.  It's a small piece of rubber, and fits in the rear of the lower receiver.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Normal.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies...I'm glad to here it is normal. I will look into that Accuwedge thing...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top