Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2006 10:26:47 PM EDT
after excessively applying CLP to an AR for long term storage?  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Trash bags will trap moisture, use wax paper.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:38:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Use the gun socks inpregnated with silicone they work great have used them for years!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:21:59 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 for gun socks.

Get the scoped or magnum size for AR's.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Use the gun socks inpregnated with silicone they work great have used them for years!!!

+1 on that...

Anything that traps moisture will lead to rust.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
+1 for gun socks.

Get the scoped or magnum size for AR's.

The silicon-impregnanted gun socks have worked well for me too.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Do I have to oil the parts up really well ?  Or is it not really necessary using a silicon gun sock??  What I'm primarily concerned with here is any degree of rusting...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Use something thicker than CLP.  We use STP on engine parts that may sit for years and naked cylinder walls will look new 5 years later.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I use nothing but Bore Stores for my guns.  Basically a thick padded gun sock that's treated.  I've used them for almost 10 years now and not one sign of any corrosion or rust at all on any of my guns!    I live in Hawaii and we're surrounded by the ocean with its fine salt in the air, you want to talk about shit rusting fast.  Needless to say these Bore Stores have made my life easier and protected my guns.  These are the best IMHO.   Only place I know to get 'em is Brownells.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top