Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 4:23:41 PM EDT
I'm really considering buying  a STAG arms lower for a project. But I have never held one or shot one, so what are your opinions of the stag arms lowers......hows the trigger? Are these better then the DPMS lowers?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Stag's are great using there upper lower and lower parts kit on my newest build. Lower went together super easy.Better than my Bushmaster lower and Dpms parts kit. The Dpms parts kits are junk spend the extra money for the Stag or RRA. Plus Stags are half the price of Bushmaster.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't buy them, they are crap.  Everyone hates them.  Junk from the get go...."Stags are for Fags" they say.  

Kidding....bought 3, built 2 so far...I can't see anything wrong with them.  People bitch about the rollmark, but I think it is pretty innocuous. Best bang for the buck (get it? "buck"?) there is in lowers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Coulld someone please post a pic of the STAG ARMS rollmark....
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Coulld someone please post a pic of the STAG ARMS rollmark....

Here you go:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/rifledude/stagarmslower.jpg  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks GAY! But as long as the lower works........
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a lot of other companies that offer the exact same cut as the stag without the silly pictures....

Noveske and High Standard are my two CMT favorites!  ;)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That looks GAY! But as long as the lower works........

Snake, Stag, Horse, Lion....What's the difference he
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Global Tactical lower mfr'd by Stag and the finish and attention to detail is terrific.
(high shelf sucks for any of you NFA guys...)

I must say tho' that b*tch fits tight on my uppers!
Gotta muscle the rear pin quite a bit, bit I imagine it will relax a bit after a case or so...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have a Global Tactical lower mfr'd by Stag and the finish and attention to detail is terrific....

Me too +1 for Denny @ GTS
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a Global Tactical lower mfr'd by Stag and the finish and attention to detail is terrific....

Me too +1 for Denny @ GTS

+2 for GTS lowers
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]
You'll get used to the gay deer on the side.  It's not that big, and doesn't stand out that much really.

I forgot it's even there on my rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top