Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2006 2:25:09 PM EDT
I've got the full MIAD kit with the nifty expanded trigger guard for use with gloves.  I put everything together and put it on the rifle.  Great grip by the way!  Fits so much better than the standard grip.

Anyway, what do I secure the new trigger guard to the lower with?  The old guard used a pin and spring so that you could compress the spring and pop it out.  I could use that pin from the outside and pound it in, but it would be pretty much permanent.  I don't know how I'd get it out at that point.  What do I do?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you not get the small allen head screw with the grip?

Danny
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, I guess I didn't.  I bought it second hand on the EE here.  I guess I got taken a little bit.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody know if I can pick up a screw like that at home depot?  What would I ask/look for?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anybody know if I can pick up a screw like that at home depot?  What would I ask/look for?

I'll pull one out and try to help out. Hang on.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Kit comes with everything you need I believe, looks like your short on some parts, If so give Magpul a call and see what they can do for you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
It apprears to be a #5 machine allen screw, 32 tpi (threads per inch) and appx. 5/16" in length.

If the screw never has been threaded into the hole, thread it in before you install the guard. It will be easier to get started when assembled.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow!  Very cool.  Thanks to both of you!

I'm going to go to Home Depot tomorrow and see if I can scare one up.  If I can't I'll give Magpul a call -- thanks guys!

The grip is miles away better than the standard one.  My hand doesn't ride up like it did with the old one and it doesn't hurt the webbing on my hand.  I highly recommend it.

Anyay, thanks again guys.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top