Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 5:04:23 PM EDT
Is Bushmaster worth the price.I ordered my dissy bbl today and that's the last thing i will order from them. 4 week wait. Downloaded there catolog looked thought it the prices are out of this world. Yankee hill handguards it cheaper to order from yankee hill. Lower receiver $195 that's FN crazy. Rock River & Stag thats all iam gong to buy from now on.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#1]
As is common, you are better off ordering from a wholesaler than directly from the manufacturer.   Joe Gun Guy is going to pay more factory direct than a regular high volume customer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is Bushmaster worth the price.I ordered my dissy bbl today and that's the last thing i will order from them. 4 week wait. Downloaded there catolog looked thought it the prices are out of this world. Yankee hill handguards it cheaper to order from yankee hill. Lower receiver $195 that's FN crazy. Rock River & Stag thats all iam gong to buy from now on.  

Usually priced directly from the MFG are going to be quite a bit higher, do you have a dealer in your area? I recently bought a patrolmans carbine from a local dealer for $875, and Bushmasters site lists it for well over $1000, as for worth the price, im not sure what you mean, pretty much any AR, regardless  of make, are pretty closely priced. Unless you have something custom in mind, you shouldnt be paying over $1000 for any stock AR, regardless of make or configuration.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#3]
My M-4 clone was $900.00.

That seems fair to me.  Great product too!

Travis
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Get used to waiting on everything to do with the AR.
If not you are going to be a very unhappy puppy all the time.

Keep in mind you get what you pay for. BM is no more expensive than the others it is up to you to search out the deals. You are the one who is controll of your money. They are not taking it out of your wallet. So dont blame someone or some company if you chose to pay to much.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The MSRP is always going to be higher than what you actually pay for.  For example look at the MSRP of a car on Honda's Website and then go to the dealer to see how much it really is.  Usually it will be lower (if its a high demand item they'll charge the MSRP or even more).   So the moral of the story is to buy from retailers like Bravo Co. and the like.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#6]
for most of the parts in the Bushy invetory you are better off buyiong from a middle man it will be a little cheaper but their parts are definetly "worth it".  Bushy is top notch!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Keep in mind you get what you pay for. BM is no more expensive than the others it is up to you to search out the deals. You are the one who is controll of your money. They are not taking it out of your wallet. So dont blame someone or some company if you chose to pay to much.

I do shop around Del-Ton Tactical solutions, Eagle Firearms. Great prices fast shipping the only Bushmaster dealer in my area is a over priced snob.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do shop around Del-Ton Tactical solutions, Eagle Firearms. Great prices fast shipping the only Bushmaster dealer in my area is a over priced snob.

Or maybe is just trying to make a living.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]
name some other online bushmaster dealers that sells there bbl and parts not the whole gun    
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eagle firearms does not carry anymore Bushmaster stuff. Check hereBushmaster uppers They say Bushmaster barreled uppers , I dont know if they build these or are they from Bushmaster . great prices for sure. I was told up to 4 weeks and got my dissy upper in a week.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Hell Yes

Excellent product, excellent service. When I ordered my 20" Bushmaster A2 it came in very quick. I have only ever had two Failure To Eject's (FTE's) and I am positive it was because I was using my grandfathers 20 some year old .223 rounds. Also, the 30 round magazine that they ship with their rifle's was bent and they gladly took it back and replaced it with a new one for free in 4 days.

You can't go wrong with them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy from a dealer or the gun exchange on this site. They will also lie for lone lenghs of time on there sites and stated. They stated the Modular rifle as 6.3 lbs for over a year. I bought one on that premise. Then weighed it and it weighed more then my Colt 20" hbar MT6700. The Modular was a carbine. in one year they didn't change their weight, didn't call there distributer to make the changes and every site said the same weight 6.3lbs. But I talked to three people in a row that it was an error. But they didn't tell anyone because it helped sales. There prices are now up there with the Colt. The saying used to be buy a Bushy and don't pay for the Pony the Bushys are just and good. A. their not the Colts are and the Colts hold their value by far the best.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes the Bushmaster is worth the price, so is Colt.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#14]
It used to be the ABC's (Armalite, Bushmaster and Colt) but the addition of brands like LMT, CMT and Rock River Arms into the mainstream has created a plethora of quality products.  I had a Bushmaster complete rifle but went with a CMT when I picked up a flat-top upper.  Why?  The price was less and the quality is as good.  Get what you like but for barrels, especially what you are looking for ( a "niche" product), expect to pay a higher premium and wait a while longer.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I like their barrels, but a lot of their other stuff is too expensive IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I own 3 Colt's and one Bushmaster. Now building a Dissy on Stag upper and lower only the barrel is Bushmaster. I compared my Bushmaster upper and lower to my Stag parts there is really no difference other than a snake or deer head on the side oh yeh the Stag parts cost half as much.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I own a few Bushmasters and have ordered 2 complete uppers from them. My custom Dissy upper was ordered on a Monday afternoon and arrived on that Friday. Customer service and parts have always been excellent. Not saying they are any better than some others, but I always "feel" like I'm getting what I paid for.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I like their barrels, but a lot of their other stuff is too expensive IMHO.

+1

I built my Dissy with a BM barrel because it was a good deal.  Everything else I got from other ARFCOM vendors.

Seydou
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I just built a 14.5" M4 Bushmaster and everytime I ordered parts they came within a week. Only thing I would have had to wait for was the 14.5" barrel with a Phantom FH. Instead, I ordered it with the Phantom2. Came in a week. Other was going to be 6 weeks. I had to ask about the phantom2, guy didn't tell me I had an option. I've been very satisfied with Bushmaster since 99.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:02:52 AM EDT
[#22]
imo bushmaster parts and lowers are nicer of the bunch
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#23]
BM is great, but dont buy directly from them as everyone else has said. BM tends to be awful proud of everything they sell. I dont own a BM but I used to and had zero problems. The only reason I dont now is that I build all my own rifles now and like other companys lowers a bit better.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Bushmaster = Kool Aid Lite

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I guess you never ordered antyhing from RRA have you? Wait times are measured in months for uppers and barrels.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd say no.  I'd order a complete upper from CMMG, RRA or Stag.  Then add a lower of your choice, pick a stock and componets.  You'll save money and get exactly what you want.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Back in 2000 or 01 I wanted a Shorty never had one. only a Colt HBAR20

So after going to sevral Gun shops and told they would sell me a Colt but the Bushmaster is Better?

So I bought the Bushmaster Shorty A1!

To this vary day this Shorty has never Hic Up  and trust it fully.

After the shorty I bought a strip lower and a 20hbar Bushwacker. ADDICTIVE just like collecting MICROTECHS!

I think Bushmaster is a Fine company and Has gave ME Good Service.

Good luck with your Bushmaster Jimmmy1111

BTW I do like ordering and paying a little extra from the company. I have my reasons, plus  most of the time you wont get a  upper thats been screwd with. Unless you know a good dealer that you can trust.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Dont get me wrong Bushmaster products are good. I think that they are priceing themselfs out of the reach of the adverage Joe.I would like to build alot more but my name isnt Bill Gates or Donald  Trumph  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top