Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2006 9:35:55 AM EDT

Hi All,

I am looking at a Colt preban (serial# checks out)
HBAR competition A3 that is for sale; model R6700.  
It is in the original box and has never been fired; asking
price $1,200. This will be my first AR and I was wondering
if this is a good one to get started with.  I live in NY and
would prefer to avoid the AWB restrictions altogether
so I'm leaning towards a preban to make things "easier"  
(use of hicap mags, FH options, etc.) Any input from you
folks would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#2]
In Ny you CAN use high cap mags in a post ban gun as long as the mags are pre-ban. I think people make too big a deal of the pre-post stuff and think it is easier and cheaper to go with a post ban rifle or build your own. That said i have one of each and plan on building another post ban carbine soon
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In Ny you CAN use high cap mags in a post ban gun as long as the mags are pre-ban. I think people make too big a deal of the pre-post stuff and think it is easier and cheaper to go with a post ban rifle or build your own. That said i have one of each and plan on building another post ban carbine soon

+1

Stay away from the pre post hype, If you want a rifle that you can do a house to house sweep with join the FBI. Get an up to date ar and you will be happy with it. You can still dress it up a bit if you want the rambo look. I bought all the toys for mine and made it so heavy I didnt want to carry it :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top