Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:53:24 PM EDT
A Gun Dealer/friend called me and said he just took in a few guns on trade. One of them was a 20th anniversary Bushmaster. He normally would have passed on this one because it was not complete. The original box and case nor any mags were with it. He took it because he knows I am into AR’S and thought I might want it. He said it is in great condition and he feels from his personal inspection that it has not been fired. Or if it has the round count is very low as there are no obvious wear marks on the BC group carbon build up in the bolt etc. It is a ban issue no FH or bayonet lug. He said the BBL looks thicker than most. So I assume it is a heavy BBL.
No he did not know how much he will be asking for it as he needs to talk to his partner.
So before I jump off the deep end I have some questions.

I have not seen it yet. I was wondering what you all may think it would be worth?
Also for those of you out there who have bought one new what did Bushmaster offer?
The standard issue mag(s), hard case, sling, and manual? Was there a certificate of authenticity etc.
What was the specs? Twist rate etc.
Thanks to all that reply.
Pics would be nice.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if this helps, but check out this auction for some idea on what it is.
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=45631759
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not sure if this helps, but check out this auction for some idea on what it is.
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=45631759

Made HOT

FYI Jarrod @ BM has SN number 223 for sale, I think he wanted high 1200
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Also for those of you out there who have bought one new what did Bushmaster offer?
The standard issue mag(s), hard case, sling, and manual? Was there a certificate of authenticity etc.
What was the specs? Twist rate etc.
Thanks to all that reply.
Pics would be nice.

I had one a few years back just a regular A2 Hbar with some nickel plated parts

came with case 1 10rd mag and i do not rember any sort of certificate with it
they were only $200 more than a regular one

I sold it to a buddy as I though WTF do i want or need a fancy Ar for
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
A gun is meant to be shot, and I hate the kind of guns like this. Yes, they are more of a collectors piece, and they can be shot, but who would want to. It's hard to shoot weapons like this and still have no remorse.....at least with me anyways. If you want a safe queen, go for it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
here is the article from an old BM catalog i had layin around..assuming your mean the 25th anniversary and not the 20th.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/fauxquantum/20TH.jpg
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw an anniversary Bushmaster rifle at a gun show not long ago. I'm not sure if it was 20th anniv. or not. But it had a very low Ser. number. IIRC, it was #1 out of the batch.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#8]
This is definitely the 20TH anniversary edition. I believe it is an A2 20 inch.
If I do wind up buying it I will be putting the rifle to use as I do not believe in safe queens. I will however make it just a range rifle, let people use it and check it out. Guns that are collectors items and are not to be shot are a waste of money to me.
Just my opinion for myself. I have no ill judgment on those who have collector items that do not get used. I feel that because it is missing the box/case and accessories is the main reason for me to buy and shoot it as I feel its value has been somewhat lost.  
But lets fact the facts here as well it is only an AR-15. I am a great fan and enthusiast of the AR-15 / M16 weapons. But these are not high dollar collectors items buy any means and I know this.  

This AR is in pristine condition so my friend says. The previous owner did not explain why the case and what ever other accessories were not with the rifle. He says he sees this all too often. Someone buys a collectors gun puts it in a display case and stores the original box and accessories elsewhere. Then over the years the box and accessories gets lost or tossed.

In any case I still hope to here from someone who can give me the total specifications
Of this rifle and maybe some pics.
Thanks    
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#9]
heres a few of the 20th ann Bushy..   looks as if its a 20" HBAR with no FS or Bayo Lug..  Looks same as my Century C15.. cept for the engraving an bling.

http://www.bushmaster.com/documents/news/special-forces/index.3.jpg
The 20" barreled rifle features Bushmaster 20th Anniversary engraving on the upper and lower receivers, a special inset buttstock medallion
ANOTHER PHOTO

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/fauxquantum/RandySale.jpg
and another
http://www.chameleonweaponry.com/dr-arf/RM_Z-SPECIAL_BUSHMASTER_20TH_ANNIVERSARY.jpg

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#10]
btt
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#11]
btt
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought mine brand new for about $700

It's a shooter.

Basically, it's what any 20" bm A2 is worth.

BTW, mine shoots very well.
It also has a jp trigger in it.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Well,  I have no real idea on what it is worth, but from a true collectibility standpoint, since the  origninal box, case, etc. are missing, the premium should be lower, even if it is unfired.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#14]
bump
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:26:44 AM EDT
[#15]
bump
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#16]
ok, time to stop bumping your own thread.

It looks like you got all the input you're gonna get.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I went ahead and put it on lay away.
After getting to look at it myself it is in perfect condition. I do not think that it was ever shot myself outside of the factories test shots as there is virtually no wear marks inside or out. Everything is present and accounted for except the ten round mag. The original plastic hard case, the manual and certificate from Bushmaster on its authenticity, Sling, and target ETC. My dealer friend is going to contact the guy and see if he can find the missing mag.
I am a fan of the black rifle and most likely will not come across this situation anytime soon so I jumped on it. Setting me back $1000.00 all inclusive. To me not a bad deal and am satisfied. to the others that may think it is a waste of an extra couple hundred bucks well I cant win everyone’s approval.
I will post pics when I pick it up in or around six weeks.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#18]
bump  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#19]
congrats on your find..

Bump for Ju... :)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top