Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:59:02 PM EDT
I took my newly configured setup out today for some shooting.  Despite the cold wind blowing under my glasses and tearing up my eyes at random, I had fun and learned a few things.
Targets are 100-yard smallbore targets, shot with Win. 5.56 Q3131 using A2 iron sights.

The shooter (me):

A mix of parts, all Rock River bought @ Adco
-16" Hbar upper flattop w/carry handle
-A2 stocked lower w/2-stage match trigger

The backstop @ friends' private range:

Prone @ 50 yards, no added support...just me and the gun:
(holding spent brass for size comparison)

A view from a little over 100 yards:

100 yards prone, again just me and the gun, no added support, 15 shots:

Same target as above, w/ a standard size can of ravioli for comparison:

Todays lessons learned:

1. I am left eye dominant, and I shoot right handed.  Normally I close my left eye and just use my right.  
Well today I decided to shoot with both eyes open.  Basically I focused w/ my right eye, but kept the left open.  The result was that my groups were better than ever before, and I didnt have to strain my eyes by forcing one of them closed.  My groups turned into more of a group rather than a random "pattern" like before.  

2. Putting a fixed stock/rifle buffer on this upper made it VERY smooth to shoot.  I've always like a fixed stock, so I thought I'd try it out on this.  It's way more comfy to shoot now and it balances nicely.

3. Shooting is fun!  

Enjoy

ETA:  When I shot that 50-yard group, I had a 2-round burst happen.  It felt like I bumpfired 2 rounds...but I dunno.  It was weird, the only time it's happened in over 1000 rounds through this lower.   That may be what the 2 flyers are.  Anyone else get a random burst w/ this trigger? (rra 2-stage)    

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
yes I must say thats a nice looking set up. Job well done congrats
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice rifle, nice truck

ETA: post number 911 NEVER FORGET
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nice rifle, nice truck

ETA: post number 911 NEVER FORGET
img126.imageshack.us/img126/8510/bl30tq.jpg

It's my stepdads truck.  He's selling it actually, has too many...lol.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice rifle and nice range.  I'd kill to have a private range like that.  Must be a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:20:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice rifle and nice range.  I'd kill to have a private range like that.  Must be a lot of fun.

Yeah the guy that owns it doesnt shoot much anymore, but lets me shoot whenever, as long as I clean up my mess.  The only downside is that I can get to about 150 yards MAX there with the houses and pond/barn/road that's behind me in the pics.  

I'm still VERY greatful though, beats having to drive far and pay to shoot.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top