Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:04:35 AM EDT
I bought a Dalphon lower (made by Mega Machine I think) from Comp1911 (who is a excellent person to do business with). The lower looks great, great condition. My upper, DPMS 20" varmit barrel is a very tight fit. I very carefully took off the edges of the rear lug on the upper so it would close. I can push the rear pin in with my hand tho it is tight, but I have to use a tool (golf tee) to push the rear pin out. The front pin comes out easily once the rear is out. So, should I be concerned about a very tight fit? Should I take it to a gunsmith to get it properly fitted? Am I obsessing too much, should I quit worrying and just shoot it and it will loosen up with use.
Thanks.....
Steve Rodgers
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:12:21 AM EDT
[#1]
A tight fit is a good thing.  I wouldn't worry about it unless it is so tight you can't mate the upper and lower,  otherwise it's good to go.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It is normal.  About half of mine are like that.  It might loosen up after a few thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
In my opinion its Awesome!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#4]
you're obssessing too much.

if it functions correctly you're good to go.

as others have said, a tight fit is good.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top