Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/22/2006 7:02:11 AM EDT
Just sitting here listing to some bluegrass when it struck me that I haven't heard a PEEP about the XCR since....ohhhhhh...SHOT Show.  Any XCR owners yet?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=195390

maybe you can find some info there
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe in 2 more weeks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#3]
It's two weeks from whenever you ask about it.

Ask today and it's two weeks from today

Ask friday and it's two weeks from friday

See how it works
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#4]
What a complete waste of people's time......

every time I hear the words "two weeks" in any conversation, I start snickering......for about 87 seconds.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine should be here in 14 days!! Thats what they said!!

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mine should be here in 14 days!! Thats what they said!!

At least they didn't tell you two weeks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Does that include weekends or is it 5 business days plus 4 for Saturdays and Sundays? Which would make it 2 weeks plus 4 days?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
XCR---  yawn  waste of time...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:03:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

but it's only a mere fortnight till they ship!!!!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I will not even pretend to defend RobArms proclamation of "in two weeks" , but I think the general gun buying public seriously underestimates the time, money, and effort it takes to actually roll out a completely new firearm.

RA should never have made claims they weren't positive they can back up, but I am not sure that claim came direct from them, or some gun-shop insider.

A winner is not born overnight, and we should temper our instant gratification instincts when it comes to a launching a new gun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:32:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Reminds me of a bar in Anchorage.  Over the bar there is a huge Neon sign that says "Free Beer Tomorrow!".  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:32:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I will not even pretend to defend RobArms proclamation of "in two weeks" , but I think the general gun buying public seriously underestimates the time, money, and effort it takes to actually roll out a completely new firearm.

RA should never have made claims they weren't positive they can back up, but I am not sure that claim came direct from them, or some gun-shop insider.

A winner is not born overnight, and we should temper our instant gratification instincts when it comes to a launching a new gun.

I have heard this comment said before and I will say mine again. I think ALMOST everyone here understands that there is a lot of time, effort, money etc. that goes into creating a totally new firearm. From concept/design to the actual production etc. takes quite a while. I have no problem with this and I am sure most others don't either. The problem occurrs when a company refuses to answer the question of release date in an honest fashion. This "in two weeks" crap for the last 6 months to a year gets old. I am not getting an XCR so I really could care less. But they need to understand that this is killing their reputation. Again, I could care less about their rep. because I am not getting one of their products. New firearms ARE NOT born overnight and with this in mind they should just say " we are not up to speed on our production yet but will give a press release right before we go into full scale production". END OF STORY. If this was the case you wouldn't see this thread come up every two weeks!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:44:45 PM EDT
[#14]
This is from their website:

28 February 2006  We just sent the last batch of parts needed to begin shipping XCR out for heat treatment and finishing.   XCRs will begin trickling out in less than two weeks with many shipped by the end of March. We greatly appreciate your patience.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, and they only have a week left to get those many XCR's shipped before this month passes them by without a product released. I wonder what "MANY" means to RobArms.

Edited to spell "shipped" right
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wow, and they only have a week left to get those many XCR's shipepd before this month passes them by without a product released. I wonder what "MANY" means to RobArms.

one = one
two = a couple
three = a few

MANY = more than 3!!!

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#17]
A legitimate point is made when you bring up the fact that alot of time, money, blood, sweat, and tears goes into the design and manufacture of a new firearm, but the problem is that when you can't even be truthful and/or deliver on your promises of production, then you lose credibility with other claims of the performance of your product.  RobArm has seriously damaged their credibility in my opinion, and quite frankly I don't care when the rifle comes out, because I don't believe it is the product they have promised it to be.  If they can't even get the release date straight after almost TWO YEARS, then why should I believe that this mystery gun is so much better than the AR?  I also have a problem with RobArm's claim that the AR is such a shitty rifle.  Trying to sell your product based on the DEmerits of another is just low-class business, in my opinion.  Even if my AR was the POS that RobArm wants me to believe it is, I'd rather have a tangible POS than a vaporware super-gun.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone get their's yet?   Maybe two more weeks!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Reminds me of a bar in Anchorage.  Over the bar there is a huge Neon sign that says "Free Beer Tomorrow!".  

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Hmm Gaston Glock could produce enough prototypes to submit for a .mil contract in what was it 6 months? These guys take 2 weeks just to answer the question about it being another 2 weeks before it ships. Is 2 weeks the new "87"??
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#22]
2 more weeks. Got it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#23]
It comes out Friday.

Not sure which friday though...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It comes out Friday.

the one that's two weeks from now....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:49:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Alex Robinson just told me two more weeks!  Looks like this is it guys!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:07:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd have a lot more respect for these guys if they'd have just said "We want to do this right the first time. It'll be released when it's frigging done." This 'two more weeks' bullshit is just amateurish and destroys any and all faith I had in the company.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:21:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Must be rough guys.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:15:25 AM EDT
[#28]
The problem with the gun industry in general is that they run it like a artist I'll get it done in 2or 3 years maybe later. look at that belt fed thing sure its cool and I want 1 but I really doubt that I would spend that kinda money with a company that could give a shit.
We are to blame cause we're addicted to the stuff and willing to wait. We give them the money to build there businesses and if they go out before we get it then we can complain about what Aholes they are. Why don't they just call the deposit, venture capital and issue stocks instead. then we couldn't bitch about taking so long.  
If you went to GM to get a new altenator for your car and they said I'll have it ready in sometime between now and next year, you'd tell them to fly a kite.
I believe they should have said just like someone else said "it will be ready when you have it".
I just can't figure out how they stay in business they must be selling something to someone.
my rant
c  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:24:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I like that one. It's just as good as this one.

"Hangovers installed and serviced here"

Bomber

Ohhh topic...There are two scenarios in play here.

1. They are purposefully deceitful on their delivery claims, or
2. They have no sense of project management

I've worked in a manufacturing environemt on items a million times more complicated that a firearm and we were expected to give Marketing an availibility date and to hit that date.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Umbrella Corp as released a date for the XCR-9000 Plasma/Rail gun weapon system. Should be availible in two weeks....
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Umbrella Corp as released a date for the XCR-9000 Plasma/Rail gun weapon system. Should be availible in two weeks....

Oh, I've heard that before!!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It comes out Friday.

Are you sure it's not two weeks from that Friday?

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It comes out Friday.

Are you sure it's not two weeks from that Friday?

WIZZO

Nah, I am pretty sure its the other one......
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#34]
2 weeks routine =
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:26:23 AM EDT
[#35]
So...........

Who got theirs?

I got an email from RobArms that they started shipping rifles on April 7th

I hope so, as I look forward to the range reports from the real end-users.

-(subscribe)
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:29:17 AM EDT
[#36]
hmmm. maybe that guy on gunbroker thats been selling them for 2 yrs might actually ship one!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:31:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:37:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I spoke to some guys from Robinson at Knob Creek yesterday and fondeled the XCR.  They said they started shipping yesterday.

were you impressed with it?

Or had you already gotten hands on, and yesterday just a follow-up?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got an email from RobArms that they started shipping rifles on April 7th

-(subscribe)

I spoke to some guys from Robinson at Knob Creek yesterday and fondeled the XCR.  They said they started shipping yesterday.

Someone must have one by now ????????????
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Robinson has scrapped the 5.56
and 6.8 cal XCRs. It's now
being converted as a Laser Weapon Platform only.
It should be available in 2 weeks...

Mormons Lie???

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#42]
This sucks. SOMEONE SHOW ME THE XCR!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#43]
The concept looks great and what SMGLee showed in his pics as the updates to the model that is to be released , I had a bit of renewed hope.

I was in a sporting goods industry in the 90's and you would see the coolest (read smaller companies) products at the trade shows that would get people interested and ready to purchase but then the reality of putting it in the customers hands in a promised time sets in.  Whether based on financial issues, parts availablity, R&D not complete, outside suppliers, company growth problems, etc. The end result was usually a good product but never in the expected time frame of what was first promised.  When you go with some of the smaller companies and they market a product that becomes popular......the teething process is taking place and the customer sometime has to suffer.
If they can't deliever they should say they don't know when it will be available as they are working out "x" details. It will give the company a better reputation and the product will work long term making the customer happy.

I hope to see it and that it becomes a success but it's in that "wait and see" stage now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#44]
its a typo.....they ment "2 yrs"
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Got mine today!!!!

It fuggin rocks!
HAHAHAHAHA
Man that sucks, maybe its more like 2 weeks from 2 weeks from 2maro
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#46]
"14 April 04  

The XCR's are shipping!!!  They'll trickle out slowly at first and be delivered in larger quantities over the next two months.  We greatly appreciate the patience of those who have waited for this product."

Well at least they said 2 months and not 2 weeks.  And that is their typo of April '04 not mine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
"14 April 04  

The XCR's are shipping!!!  They'll trickle out slowly at first and be delivered in larger quantities over the next two months.  We greatly appreciate the patience of those who have waited for this product."

Well at least they said 2 months and not 2 weeks.  And that is their typo of April '04 not mine.

Freudian Slip?

WIZZO
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#48]
2 more weeks, I mean 2 more months, no I meant 2 more years No waith did I say 2 decades??  I wanted one but with their avaialibity I kinda just said screw it, plus if you cant get the rifles what about parts if something breaks?  I'll wait a year after they start showing up to see how well they really are.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#49]
The latest information that I've heard is that all current shipped rifles have had to be recalled due to the unforeseen level of perfection that was achieved. The office of the fair trades act, at the urging of other manufactures in the firearms industry, is currently investigating this case. The reason this action was needed was eventually this would have caused all other manufactures in the firearms industry to rethink the idea of what a carbine is and could be and would render most if not all designs obsolete. The better mouse trap has been built and for it to be in the hands of the civilian market, would cause a catastrosphic shift in the purchasing habits of the American shooter and rendered a monopoly of the market.
he

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Despite their lack of marketing know-how, I'm still witholding judgement and eagerly await the arrival of the rifle to the market.

It is like a a tricked-out AR humped an FAL and this little gem popped out.  It seems to be a great design and it is completely understandable that some bugs have to be worked out.  I applaud Robarms' dedication to getting everything 100% perfect before shipping.  Their only mistake is unrealistic dates.  That's it.

Go make fun of the Shrike.  We still know of only a couple that have been shipped.

- BG
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top