Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:34:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
With all due respect, and not owning or planning on owning anything from Daniel Defense, I just have a hard time seeing why they would intentionally screw him out of a rail.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
With all due respect, and not owning or planning on owning anything from Daniel Defense, I just have a hard time seeing why they would intentionally screw him out of a rail.

I don't know why either. They will not call him back or answer his emails. He is only doing what they told him to due at the show.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
That's really crappy.  I'm sure if it had been Samson Mfg. he would got the rail no problem.    

I say keep trying.  They will have to answer eventually, especially since you posted on AR15.com.  I would think they would not want news like this to hit the biggest market they have.  But then again, that's just my $0.02.

-X
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#6]
weird hope its some misunderstanding than them just being shitty

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#8]
What would DD get out of giving away a prize and then stiffing the guy? They are just busy,give it time.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why isn't your friend making this post?  

Something sounds very wrong, but with second party information, there is no way to make anything legit.  The obvious question is what was your friend told when he called?  Tell him to post, and I'm sure he will get helped out.

He does not have an account, he will have to sign up. It all started after the show. He was real excited that he won the contest and has been waiting for it to show up. He has been telling me over the last few weeks that they will not return his emails or phone calls. He is told someone will call, then they never do. It's been almost two months now.

Not sure why they will not call him back or send it to him. He won the contest they held.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've won contests and waited a lot longer than a couple months, but my rule of thought was that if something is free, and a timeline is not given, its hard to demand anything.  If he never talked to anyone, or is sending email to an account that is a void, its not the same thing as getting screwed over.

It looks like you started a thread with an inflamatory title, and aren't really involved.  I know its become a popular way to get what people want on the internet, but I can tell you right now that its not needed.  Did he win a product that is currently in production, or is it an upcoming new rail that isn't being built yet?  There are a lot of questions that  can't be answered by you, but your thread title doesn't take any of that into account.

I've dealt with the guys at DD numerous times, and there are plenty of people on this board, including myself, who are classed as "little guys".   I think you will find that DD has bent over backwards to help their customers, and without any name calling or slander being involved.  

If your friend is legit, tell him that he can email me at [email protected], and I'll try to help him out or make sense of what is happening.  No drama, no name calling, just firearm owners helping each other out.  Believe it or not, thats what most of the guys on this board are here for.

Good form
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've won contests and waited a lot longer than a couple months, but my rule of thought was that if something is free, and a timeline is not given, its hard to demand anything.  If he never talked to anyone, or is sending email to an account that is a void, its not the same thing as getting screwed over.

It looks like you started a thread with an inflamatory title, and aren't really involved.  I know its become a popular way to get what people want on the internet, but I can tell you right now that its not needed.  Did he win a product that is currently in production, or is it an upcoming new rail that isn't being built yet?  There are a lot of questions that  can't be answered by you, but your thread title doesn't take any of that into account.

I've dealt with the guys at DD numerous times, and there are plenty of people on this board, including myself, who are classed as "little guys".   I think you will find that DD has bent over backwards to help their customers, and without any name calling or slander being involved.  

If your friend is legit, tell him that he can email me at [email protected], and I'll try to help him out or make sense of what is happening.  No drama, no name calling, just firearm owners helping each other out.  Believe it or not, thats what most of the guys on this board are here for.

I'll pass on your email address to him. He does not know I started this thread so he has nothing to do with it. The drama is only coming from me not him. I figured I could get someones attention. Looks like I did.

Thank You.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Wouldn't it be the organizers of the show who are responsible for awarding the prize? Has he contacted them about this?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm not anyone with DD, but I probably know more than my fair share of people in the firearm community, and I don't mind trying to help.  

Thank you for the help. I was not sure on what to do, so I started the thread. I'll go edit out the drama.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top