Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 4:33:07 PM EDT
I'm replacing an AR pistol (loaded) I just got with a lightweight gun (KISS).

Option A is a cavarms lower and a CMMG lightweight upper:

New 16" Lightweight Chrome Lined 1/7 w/ A2 Hider. This upper comes with MOD4 handguards and is complete with bolt, carrier and charging handle. CMMG semi auto bolt carriers have the shrouded firing pin and a larger lug on the rear. Upper receivers are "T" marked and include extended feed ramp cuts. 5.56 chamber. New features include "F" marked FSB and parkerizing under base. When ordering with optional gas block barrels will not be drilled for taper pins $525.95

I've heald others' pancil barreled cavarms and there's NOTHING lighter.

my other option is a straight RRA CAR A4 for 750$.

Either one is gonna get my LMT rear buis  No light, no grip, no rails.  Just a Sayeret sling, and room for my aimpoint and VLTOR if I feel like them.  I guess that's what passes for KISS for me!

The cmmg option gives me a very nice pencil barrel milspec upper, the RRA option gives me a compelte warrantied rifle with match trigger.

this is not a brand war, just a two halves versus one whole decision.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought you were finished buying AR's per your recent thread.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I thought you were finished buying AR's per your recent thread.

No shit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
ahhhhhh, I predicted this.  This is merely a replacement!  I decided that my backup-backup-backup AR should be a KISS gun and not a fully loaded pistol.  I'll still be at four.  All round gun, precision gun, backup gun, and pistol caliber.  At least that's the justification I came up with.  And I reserved the right to purchase one 308 AR as well.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I reccomend the CAV. I just bought a CAV MKII from Rusty@DSG and mounted an M-4 upper on it. Not a true LW, but I had the upper lying around and I'm very happy with it.

DSG sale on Cav Arms lowers
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude,

IDF Tribute

A1/C7 style upper with M4 barrel and handguards.

lower of your choice with telestock and LPK.

Done deal.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I reccomend the CAV. I just bought a CAV MKII from Rusty@DSG and mounted an M-4 upper on it. Not a true LW, but I had the upper lying around and I'm very happy with it.

DSG sale on Cav Arms lowers

that's a WICKED price.  I have a line on a used one for around there, but wow 145$ new.  IS the assmebly any different for a CAV lower than a mil spec other than the take down pins?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Dude,

IDF Tribute

A1/C7 style upper with M4 barrel and handguards.

lower of your choice with telestock and LPK.

Done deal.

I want lighter.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Build your own.....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top