Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 3:50:27 PM EDT
Ok is it just me or whats happening?

Seems like when I first joined this forum I would ask a bunch of rookie questions and I was looking into my first AR.

I would research every typewritten word on the matter here on the forum and from various productions websites. . . .

When I asked about who made quality and who made junk I would always get thge follwing answer "Armalite/Bushmaster/Colt"   stick with the ABC's son and you'll do fine. . . .

Within a small amount of time I'd see the follwing. . . . ABC and sometimes D or R

Now I look around these forums and see people typing in things like RR is as good as Colt. . .  and My DPMS is better than Armalite. . . . . . .  it puzzles me.

I am not trying to stir up any trash talking at all. My question is "Are these companies really making top quality products and getting better stuff out to the market, or are people here just playing them up?"
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I've owned several Colts, a few Bushmasters, a few DPMS and an Olympic.  I've had great luck out of each one or they are building them well, whichever way you want to look at it.  To me Colt and Bushmaster seemed of equal quality.  I liked the Colts and they seem to have a mystique about them.  I don't like Colt or their parent company's politics.  I don't like their different sized pivot pins/screw or the different size FCG pins.  A lot of Colt's attraction is the name.  Bushmaster is ,or was, just as good.  I've had no problems with DPMS, I like it and it shoots well.  I didn't like the Olympic because it didn't have a chrome lining.  There are various qualities about companies and their products that I like or don't like which are personal preference.  I don't like companies that demilitarize their AR's with sear blocks, low shelves, and other BS like that.  There are new companies coming out all the time with quality product all the time.  Most companies that produce something bad and fail to remedy it get "found out" and change or go out of business.  

My $.02,

TS
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about others, but my RRA Elite CAR A4 (middy) is not only a sweet shooter, its built very well with attention to the details that I expect in a firearm that cost over $800.  I've looked at the Bushys and Olys and while they look OK, their triggers are sandy feeling.

The RRA comes with a very nice trigger feel and I'd recommend it highly (especially the middy version).
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have years of experience with COLT.
I own a RR                              -----great gun
I own a Model 1 sales           -----great gun
I own a DPMS                        -----great gun
I own a GRIZZLEY L.A.R      -----great gun
I used to own an OLYMPIC -----great gun -but sold it for beer money early on as a Marine

I gave away - yes gave away a HESSE  --- NUFF SAID........

Only complain about one -- It was straight running SHIT.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#4]
So perhaps most companies are making better and better stuff. .. .

Thats encouraging to me.

I think also what may happen is my brothers syndrome. . . .  whatever he has is the best damn **** there ever was. . . . if he owned a Colt, then Colt would be the best, if he could only afford a RR well then RR is the best damn gun there ever was sort of thing. . . . . .

I imagine though if someone was unhappy with a product they would get rid of it . . . .

I am encouraged though, perhaps I will buy something besides ABC for my next purchase. . . . but not an OLY. . . .  ha ha ha ha "traded it for beer money" thats a riot! . . . . . sounds like myself in college. . . . .
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top