Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:25:09 PM EDT
I saw an ad in SGN this week for an AR lower producer who will make custom engraved lowers to order.

Sounds like a neat idea. Has anyone ordered one of these? It would be a cool idea for a rifle team.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
likemopar offers this though it might be the same person in sgn.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=306057
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It probably was Steve's ad. I saw an from him in SGN myself. Steve does great work.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It probably was Steve's ad. I saw an from him in SGN myself. Steve does great work.

+1
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Another +1 for likemopar.

This previously said "SAFE" and "FIRE" on both sides before I sent it to Steve.

Now it has pictograms on both sides...  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Another +1 for likemopar.

This previously said "SAFE" and "FIRE" on both sides before I sent it to Steve.

www.fototime.com/1620D3A6B8661DC/standard.jpg

Now it has pictograms on both sides...  

what are you using 4 a front sight
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Leave it to likemopar to do some awesome receivers; I will definitely have to have him make me one lower with the HK style pictograms on both sides. I wonder if I can send him a lower and he could do the pictograms on it and color them too?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Dabigbozman,  I am using an HK416 front sight as the rear is 3/8" too short to co-witness with a standard FSB.  

Black-Tiger, yes, you can send him the lower and he will mark it bilaterally with HK pictograms, and then color the markings with lacquer.  I also sent him the selector switch to color as well.

Not as fast on turn around time as his standard engraving as he has to weld over the existing markings, then engrave the pictograms, then re-finish the lower, and color the markings.  Well worth the wait and the expense, though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top