Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 11:04:40 PM EDT
I should be receiving my Predator upper sometime this week.  My question is, Can a flashider or be installed on one?  Bushmaster told me that it could not be done due to the 11 degree crown on the barrel and will not do it.  Is this true or can it really be done?  I have seen a few Varminters with a flashider, so what would be the difference?

If it can be done, does anyone know of some reputable sources to do this?  In El Paso, TX we only have 2 gun stores and I don't trust them as far as messing with my barrel.

Thanks

Reap
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
It can be done but you'd probably have to lose that target crown...  All depends on what you want
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#2]
adcofirearms.com
ar15barrels.com
CP
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Call ADCO and ask them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#4]
What is the application? I seem to recall the active duty shooters at Camp Perry matches wanted to lose their A2 hiders when competing against civilians with post-ban rifles. It does affect accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Coyote and varmint shooting.  I want to make sure I can see my shot hit.  Not worried about losing the crown.

Oh and thank you for he replies.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]

threaded barrel on a predator huh? that thing is begging for a suppressor. it's too bad it doesn't come from the factory threaded...

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#7]
any idea what a good price on the rifle or just the upper should be?

Upper retails about $750..gun $1310...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I got the upper for 750.  I already have a bushy lower that had the HVY 14.5 AK barrel.  Changing it out to the Predator upper.  My other short gun is my RR lower with a Stag 16 M4 upper.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top