Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 9:01:25 PM EDT
I have installed JP anit-walk pins in my Colt AR.
Trigger pin feels like is in nice and tight but the hammer pin has side to side free play.

Has anybody experience such thing?  anybody has any input on this.

Thank you guys.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have installed JP anit-walk pins in my Colt AR.
Trigger pin feels like is in nice and tight but the hammer pin has side to side free play.

Has anybody experience such thing?  anybody has any input on this.

Thank you guys.

The last "anti-walk" pins thread got locked fast! The lock had nothing to do with the topic itself but the adverse "reactions" of some of the members to the necessity of the pins.

Hope it does not happen to this one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they the oversized JP pins?    I'd have to say switch the pins & if the S to S Free-play changes with the pins...., then the problem is the one pin.....,  in which case you should throw the JP's away & get KNS oversize pins for the best "Play-Free" fit!!!!  If switching the pins does not make a differance then there must be a problem with either the hammer pivot hole, or hammer pin hole in the receiver, depending on where the excess "free-Play" originates!

If the receiver is older &/or has been shot a lot, then the Hammer pin hole in the receiver could very well be worn to the point of being loosy!! My Colt's hammer pin always rotated with the hammer until I went with the KNS Anti-Roters!!

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The receiver has less than 500 rounds.

I also have installed JP trigger and JP speed hammer which has a J spring which keeps the hammer pin place when used with stock (Colt) pins.
JP instructions reccommend eliminating the "J" spring in the hammer when using anti-walk pins as it is no longer needed and causes the hammer to bind on the pin.

Anyway thank for the info ru4freedom I hope to get some more info like yours.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently put a JP Adjustable FCG w/JP Oversize pins in my SNS (small pin) Lower & there is absolutey ZERO sxs play!!  I have used KNS oversize pins in my Colt, Stag & DPMS lowers with the same result.s....., ZERO Play!!

I don't know if there is typically more or less sxs movement in Large pin as compared to Small pin trigger groups on average. This may be a consideration, but for ZERO play I think the average AR will need the oversized pins!!  Depending on the Brand JP or KNS the oversize pins are .002" to .003" larger and seem to make a big differance!!

You might want to contact JP & ask what they consider to be an acceptable amount of  sxs "free play"  I'm sure they would make it right if one of their parts iturns out to be out of spec.!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top