Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:39:43 PM EDT
I would like to build an A4gery. Here's what I have planned to buy so far with their approimate price. Let me know if there is anything else I would need to make an A4gery as close to an M16A4 without joining the Corps. (have to wait another year until I can do that)

Bushmaster AR15A4 (with gov't profile 1/7 barrel)...................................$850.00
Knight’s Armament RAS...................................................................$339.00
RAS Rail Panels (4).........................................................................$88.00
Trijicon TA31RCO ACOG...............................................................$1,450.00
Knight's Armament Vertical Forward Grip................................................$57.00

Total......................................................................................$2,787.00
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Please explain to me why you need a $1,500 ACOG.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
same thing i was wondering
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The M5 RAS come with some KAC panels, probably 11-rib ones.

The ACOG is not absolutely necessary. I didn't have one on my M16A4.

The KAC VFG is issued, not the TD one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I got that price off of the Trijicon website so I can probably find it several hundred dollars cheaper somewhere else. I want that scope because that is the scope that the Marines mount onto their rifle so I figure that I would especially enjoy shooting that weapon once I get out of the Corps.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would like to build an A4gery. Here's what I have planned to buy so far with their approimate price. Let me know if there is anything else I would need to make an A4gery as close to an M16A4 without joining the Corps. (have to wait another year until I can do that)

Bushmaster AR15A4 (with gov't profile 1/7 barrel)...................................$850.00

If you're in MD, and not old enough to Join the military you won't be buying that rifle.  As it's NOT an HBAR it's considered a 'regulated' weapon and you have to be 21 to purchase regulated weapons in MD.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're in MD, and not old enough to Join the military you won't be buying that rifle.  As it's NOT an HBAR it's considered a 'regulated' weapon and you have to be 21 to purchase regulated weapons in MD.

Yeah. My 20" HBAR is currently legally on my father's name. So I figured I would just do the same thing with the A4 another family member. I was going to just give the money to my grandfather and allow him to purchase it with the money I gave him and fill out the paper work. So it is legally on a family members name but I hang on to it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Just build yourself another upper. You could use a different rail to save money, like the Surefire, for example. You can't shoot them both at once anyway.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you want an A4 clone with optics, that's what you need. That is the scope the USMC is using on the A4.

But, in this case you don't want a Bushmaster flat-top upper, since they are not numbered. (Well most aren't.) Buy the 1/7 barrel, if and when they have more, and put it on a CMT/Stag upper. Also the Bushmaster barrel does not have the "F" marked front sight base.

Or wait a while longer and buy the BCM 20" upper. It will be the closest thing to an A4 upper, less the KAC M5, you can get. I don't know where you got the $850 number, the BCM upper will run $399 without a b/bc.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you want an A4 clone with optics, that's what you need. That is the scope the USMC is using on the A4.

But, in this case you don't want a Bushmaster flat-top upper, since they are not numbered. (Well most aren't.) Buy the 1/7 barrel, if and when they have more, and put it on a CMT/Stag upper. Also the Bushmaster barrel does not have the "F" marked front sight base.

Or wait a while longer and buy the BCM 20" upper. It will be the closest thing to an A4 upper, less the KAC M5, you can get. I don't know where you got the $850 number, the BCM upper will run $399 without a b/bc.

Ok, how much longer do you think until there are BCM 20" available?

The $850 number came as an estimate because I got my Bushmaster 20" A2 complete rifle for a total of $838.

Where can I find a KAC VFG at?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Is this the VFG you are talking about? Click here

I think that is an airsoft website though so it might not be the real deal. Know any other places I could find a KAC vertical forward grip?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this the VFG you are talking about? Click here

I think that is an airsoft website though so it might not be the real deal. Know any other places I could find a KAC vertical forward grip?

Look in the equipment exchange here, or go to www.operationparts.com
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#12]
You're not out of high school yet, and you want to drop 1,500 on an optic?

Save your money until after you join the Corps.
You'll want to be saving that money to spend on other, more important things.
Like booze and broads.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are 17, or even 16, how the hell do you have the $$$ to dump 2700 bucks into a rifle? I mean jesus, that is quite the chunk of change.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You're not out of high school yet, and you want to drop 1,500 on an optic?

Save your money until after you join the Corps.
You'll want to be saving that money to spend on other, more important things.
Like booze and broads.

Yep

Already have one
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If you are 17, or even 16, how the hell do you have the $$$ to dump 2700 bucks into a rifle? I mean jesus, that is quite the chunk of change.

16. Well I don't have the money right now but I figure I will be close from working at my grandfather's saw mill over the summer and other odd jobs.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

16. Well I don't have the money right now but I figure I will be close from working at my grandfather's saw mill over the summer and other odd jobs.

It sounds like you are willing to work hard for the rifle you want. I commend you!

Don't let the envious voices of dissent besmirch your desire to build an A4gery.
Hard work gives birth to strong self-esteem and pride. Not to mention being able to afford the toys which make your hard work worthwhile.

Scour the EE and you'll find your budget shrinking. It's a great feeling.

GITTERDONE!!!!!!

HS1
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#17]
You sooooo find that ACOG on EE for half that price...just need to look....and then you can send me the money you saved....thanks, carry on.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:45:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Will a Bravo Company Mfg. Upper differ in color from a Bushmaster Lower?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Dont know the answer to that one but my Bushy lower matches my LMT upper if that helps any?
BTW glad to hear your working for what you want most kids dont (mine included) I grew up on a farm and discovered that if I wanted lifes little extra pleasures I had to work for them. I also had quite a chunck of change when I got out of school which I spent on cars, and yes there were allot who did not know me thought I was given it all and were also envious, to the nay sayers. Hopefully we will have more youth like you to keep the US going strong!  Also check the EE or Ebay for ACOG's much cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Mine match perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If you want true Corps style you won't want it to  Half the rifles I see over here don't match top to bottom, probably a mix of FN and Colt receivers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#23]
how about you learn how to shoot open sights, corps style and then move on too an optic. Trust me, not every Marine is issued an ACOG.

--just my $.02--
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
how about you learn how to shoot open sights, corps style and then move on too an optic. Trust me, not every Marine is issued an ACOG.

--just my $.02--

+1 to that.  Heck, even some of the infantry Marines I work with (I'm Army infantry) don't get RCOs.   We let em hand-receipt CCOs out from us even.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

--just my $.02--

+1 to that.  Heck, even some of the infantry Marines I work with (I'm Army infantry) don't get RCOs.   We let em hand-receipt CCOs out from us even.

Dude, you guys are cool. I wish I could have borrowed a M68 from the Army guys for my M16A4 when I was in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

--just my $.02--

Dude, you guys are cool. I wish I could have borrowed a M68 from the Army guys for my M16A4 when I was in Afghanistan.

We probably wouldn't be so generous if they weren't our outer cordon for our raids
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, ever since I've had my A2 I've been shooting with irons only. I feel that I have gotten rather good with them although there is still plenty of room for improvement. I just wanted to get a scope though to give a little extra magnification and a direct aiming point.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#28]
There's always this option....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=340436

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top