Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2006 6:05:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Knights have always comanded a premium. that one has a lot of trick shit on it  like the M5 ras, BUIS, 2 stage Knights trigger. its still pretty steep though.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It's ban compliant so I figure he's just waiting for a sucker. Not worth but half if you ask me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]
What clear mag is that???

TS
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I knew it was gunbroker before I even clicked the link.  There is a sucker born every minute.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I knew it was gunbroker before I even clicked the link.  There is a sucker born every minute.

My thought exactly
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My thought exactly

what they said
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

TS

no joke that mag looks cool as hell.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#8]
That dude is selling a sweet Thompson.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#9]
that thompson is killer
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Ha. 'they will happily change it for you.' RIGHT.

Why did he put on that stupid grip?

How is it the exact weapon going oversears? They are using SR16s if anything.

It is a nice rifle though. I have a few. I think I paid $1295. They are collectible ban-compliant or not because KAC has not shipped rifles in a long time. It is probably worth $1800 if he hides the Hogue grip and it came with a Colt magazine and manual.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Think the seller knows the difference between 5.56 and .223?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#12]
2900.00? Somebody needs to lay off the Charms.....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I say $1600.00 tops.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

no joke that mag looks cool as hell.

I wouldnt mind a couple of those.  where to get them?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#15]
You'd think it would have a felt lined hard case to keep it in for $2999.99
Not a paper box.....

4X4SC
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:17:17 AM EDT
[#16]
It better cook me dinner and take out the trash for a factory rifle at that price.  For $3k if it's not custom built, I ain't touchin' it.  For that rifle, even if it's a shooter, I wouldn't pay more than say $1k, especially since you can get great rifles for less than $1000.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROk
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My thought exactly

what they said

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:25:45 AM EDT
[#18]
"It even has been fitted with a chrome bolt."

That makes it all worthwhile.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Are you saying I'm stupid for bidding on it?  

After all, it's the real steel version of my Airsoft gun!!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Try this.  It's from another thread here...

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Actually, KAC SR15's are going over seas with American forces. The biggest user of KAC SR15's is the DSS*Diplomatic Security Service* among others. IMO, KAC makes the finest Stoner rifles availible and due to limited production and high quality, they command a premium price. I have that exact same SR15 with the KAC rail and 600 meter sight, though I have since added a A2 FH and Leupold scope to mine. I also have a KAC M4, which I replaced the standard stock with a collapsible and again, added an A2 FH. It has the BUIS and an Elcan. KAC weapons/components are of the highest quality, that being said, this guy is high on his prices. I paid that much for a SR25....SR15's NIB, especially post-ban's go for around 1200.00 give or take. They are making non-ban rifles, including a few new models, though they are few and far between because KAC is so overwhelmed with DoD contracts, they don't have the capacity to produce civilian weapons in great quanitity. In addition to the DSS, other .gov agencies and forigen militaries use SR15's as thier issue weapons.

P.S.- The magazine is a Eagle Mini 14/AR15 combo magazine. They are definatly one of the "better" after market magazine. The one I have works great in my Mini 14. Its an abomination to see a crapo aftermarket magazine in a KAC magwell....reminiscant of a hobo being inside Lindsay Lohan.........
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

TS

The kind that costs $1000.....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#23]
"Below exsplains a gread deal of what I may have missed."

Now THAT'S funny!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Pssst... Wanna know a secret?

There is nothing special, rare, or KAC-specific about the weapon linked to with the exception of the KAC markings on the receivers - both of which were made by LMT (along with the bolt/carrier). The barrel is a non-chromed Wilson, and most of the small parts (springs, pins, etc) come from DPMS.

You can piece a similar if not better rifle together from the vendors in the EE here for a lot less than the asking price listed - which, as someone else pointed should be more like $1600, maybe $1700 if you're really itching to help Reed buy another Suburban.

I don't know who the seller is, but there is a guy who shows up with all sorts of nice stuff at the Charlotte, NC fun shows on occasion... I'm betting the guy doesn't know the internet exists, and that you can find what he's usually got for a lot less - I'm not talkiing retail here, I mean this guy wants $2499 for HK Mk23's, $1600 for TA01-NSN's, $89 for HK M4/SA80 mags (that's each, BTW), etc. I wouldn't be surprised to find out its the same dude or someone retarded enough to buy from him.

Stay safe all, and happy deal hunting!
Clint
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Wow. I feel sorry for anyone willing to pay $1400 over the regular price of a new one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Here's one, and it's not a gunbroker deal

http://www.sabredefence.com/SDI_2006_retail_1st_edition_Catalog_FINAL.pdf

Look on page 3 or 4
Massad Ayboo special edition
$2929.99
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Now I feel REALLY stupid for bidding...

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#28]
No reserve.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
No reserve.

And no bids either.  Wonder why?  Its just like the ones going overseas to our troops, except for all the things that are different.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It's ban compliant so I figure he's just waiting for a sucker. Not worth but half if you ask me.

+1 You could probably build something exactly like it and spend less; you're just buying a brand there, just because it says KAC on the side; kind of reminds me of the Sig Sauer GSR Pistol; the only thing SIG about the whole pistol is the name, since is pretty much a "Parts Gun".
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#31]
WOW!  This guy's on a fishing expedition.... holy sh*t....  you could build that identical rifle for $1,000.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

TS

I think it is the eagle  AR/AR180/Mini 14 mag they make
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

TS

Ram-Line

The one's I have for my Mini14 tend to split at the seam and dump all the rnds out.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
WOW!  This guy's on a fishing expedition.... holy sh*t....  you could build that identical rifle for $1,000.

BS. You can't. KAC is not shipping rifles. That is collectable. You can't built it for ANY price. Only KAC can build it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Bah! What the f*ck is a "collectable" rifle of new manufacture?

Ok, I can understand a rifle being "collectable" if it's been (the horrors) deactivated, or is something like an M1 or ancient battle rifle. But certainly not something -new-.

Does it shoot straight and consistently? Good. Then it is a rifle - just a rifle, nothing more.

Unless there's something -legally- special about KAC rifles making them posessible in CA or what have you, I don't see the fucking point. You can build something of equal function for as little as $500, and $700 to surpass it (with a chrome lined barrel and slightly better parts).
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#36]
That's what I was trying to say- not that it is worth it to any of us super intelligent rifle builders but to someone who wanted a KAC rifle, it is.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I don't see the fucking point. You can build something of equal function for as little as $500, and $700 to surpass it (with a chrome lined barrel and slightly better parts).

Fine. Go shooting your Olympic now. And you can get equally drunk on Colt 45 Night Train Malt so I won't try to explain why people buy new production wines for $100 a bottle. You simply can't call up KAC and get one of those rifles. They are not in production.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TS

Ram-Line

The one's I have for my Mini14 tend to split at the seam and dump all the rnds out.

Vulcan94

+1 Works great in my Mini 14.  Doesn't want to hold the bolt back in my AR though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't see the fucking point. You can build something of equal function for as little as $500, and $700 to surpass it (with a chrome lined barrel and slightly better parts).

Fine. Go shooting your Olympic now. And you can get equally drunk on Colt 45 Night Train Malt so I won't try to explain why people buy new production wines for $100 a bottle. You simply can't call up KAC and get one of those rifles. They are not in production.

You keep saying they are not in production, they are in production.
If you want one there is a waiting list through dealers that sell them.
You might have to wait two years,and the KAC M4  sells for about $1500
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't see how you can expect to get that kind of money now for that gun.   you could buy a New RRA for $900.  He might have paid a high price but since the sunset AWB you got to drop the price.  

Then again follwing his logic sell a few Winchester deer hunting rifles that I own.  I could put them up $2800 a piece go buy somemore AR's and Ammo.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're missing the point. And you apparently missed what I posted on page 1 also:

Pssst... Wanna know a secret?

There is nothing special, rare, or KAC-specific about the weapon linked to with the exception of the KAC markings on the receivers - both of which were made by LMT (along with the bolt/carrier). The barrel is a non-chromed Wilson, and most of the small parts (springs, pins, etc) come from DPMS.

You can piece a similar if not better rifle together from the vendors in the EE here for a lot less than the asking price listed - which, as someone else pointed should be more like $1600, maybe $1700 if you're really itching to help Reed buy another Suburban.

I'll say it again: 85-90% of the functional components of KMC (not KAC) rifles are made by someone else. I would question the "collectability" of a weapon that is still a parts gun, albeit a factory one.

To use your analogy, this is like buying a new production bottle of wine for $200, even though the contents came from the same vineyard you've been paying $100 for - you're only paying for someone else's label.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

They are NOT in production.  KAC is NOT making them. Period. Dealers are taking orders but that is meaningless. I know a bit about this.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#43]
The seller can't spell (the trigger "sales" for $299), can't take clear pictures, thinks crappy clear plastic mags are cool, and that "ban compliant" is a selling point.  Does that say enough about his price?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
That dude is selling a sweet Thompson.

Yeah, and you get a special deal. For only $11,600 (No Reserve!) you get two of them. Of course, being semi autos, they are worth only a percentage of that. A small percentage I'll bet (not knowing anything about the value of Auto Ordnance Thompson semi's).
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The seller can't spell (the trigger "sales" for $299), can't take clear pictures, thinks crappy clear plastic mags are cool, and that "ban compliant" is a selling point.  Does that say enough about his price?

Yeah, he pimpified a nice rifle. Actually in MA or NY that is about the coolest rifle you can get.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#46]
There is no question about it, the seller is high on crack.

$2000 will get you custom JP AR rifle.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#47]
too much money for that rifle.  tsk tsk
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are NOT in production.  KAC is NOT making them. Period. Dealers are taking orders but that is meaningless. I know a bit about this.

Your point being???  Given the fact that it's a factory assembled "parts gun" it's something that any of us can build or buy----with the same parts (or better) for no more than half what the idiot peddling it wants. For that matter, a hell ofa lot less than wht KAC wants for a new factory job.

So who gives a damn if it has a KAC emblem on the side----other than "collectors" who would turn Yugos into "collectible cars" if some smart con man bought up all the Yugos and started an internet rumor that Yugos were the next hot item in the collectible market.

You "collectible" snobs break me up  A Colt SP1 is a collectible.  A KAC AR is not!!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#49]
It is not a 'parts' gun, and you cannot build it. It is a factory KAC rifle. The name on the side, combined with the fact that they put it together, has value. If you got all of the parts for a Colt Thompson SMG and put it together, it would never have the value of one that was never taken apart. The first rule of gun collecting is -- a gun is only original once.

Subcontracting parts is normal. GM does it for the Corvette, but one assembled at GM will be original and one that someone put together from the same parts won't be.

KAC probably sorts the parts, rejects some, buys them in the white and finishes them in the same chemicals at the same time, guages them, etc.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top