Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2006 5:41:49 PM EDT
I tried a search on this using the 30-day which cheap people like me use, and it returned nothing so here goes.

Are there any ill affects of drilling out the rivet holding the sling loop on the FSB?  I'm sick of it rattling around and with my setup it's pretty much uselsss and the two slings I use don't even connect to the damn thing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Drill It. You can alway pop rivet it back later if you ever need to.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks.  i'm going to get that thing out right now.  I hate it, it must die.  Oh and while ppl r reaqding, what are the lengths (in inches) of the YHM free float tubes?  I was browsing a website and saw a carbine where somebody had covered the WHOLE barrel with a FF tube and had installed an end cap right level with the muzzle.  It looked like some sort of crazy franken-shottie miltibarrel conflaguration.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Drilling it is double work... Just use a hammer and punch to push the rivet through...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Drilling it is double work... Just use a hammer and punch to push the rivet through...

Exactly.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top