Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2006 5:37:10 PM EDT
I talked to my brother this weekend. His Father-in-Law is a groundskeeper for a large cemetery.
He told my brother that he bought an M16/AR (the guy isnt very gun savvy), that he plans to remove the internal workings from, weld shut, and use in a monument he's building for fallen soldiers from the War on Terror. He told my brother he paid $200 for it, and the yguy he bought it from has "racks" of these for sale. Naturally, I got a little excited. My brother hadn't handled the gun, and the Father in Law hasnt even picked it up yet.

I called tonight to try to get teh latest info, and my brother tells me that they are M-16 "training rifles", and he doesnt know if they fire live rounds, .22lr, or blanks only. This leads me to my question-
Were there any training rifles designated for the M16 series? And if so, what are some specifics and information about them?

A yahoo search turned up nothing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
all we ever had for a " training rifle" was the old rubber ducks, Plastic m-16 replicas
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#2]
in basic we had rubber m16s with the triangle handguards, i think the barrels were steel i cant remember.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It might be an insanely reduced price systema training rifle or other Classic Army/Tokyo Marui airsoft variant which he is pawning off as a 'training rifle' because some army units use airsoft to train.
something like this
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:18:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top