User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2006 5:32:15 PM EDT
thought someone might find this auction useful
yes those are Colt M4 handguards!!!

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=812293&convertTo=USD

ATTENTION!!!!!
i just found an auction for 400,000 lbs of expended brass in various calibers from 5.56, 7.62, .50, and 40mm!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=813959&convertTo=USD
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
They paid $18 each!  ...and each might mean 'each piece'.

That would put them at $36 for one set....?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Am I getting this right, in 1 day, 19 hours, and 19 minutes, if the bid goes unchanged (which surely it won't), someone's going to get a little over $2100 in handgaurds for 127 bucks?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
thanegrooms-nope, that is for all of them!!!

thatguy96-ya crazy huh!! i figured someone on arfcom could use these!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thanegrooms-nope, that is for all of them!!!

thatguy96-ya crazy huh!! i figured someone on arfcom could use these!!

It is crazy, I'm just bumming around and looking at things and you can bid on 15 pallets of ammo cans for an opening bid of a 100th of the total cost.  That's nuts.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#5]
i picked up on this site from someone on the survival forum--if you spend some time, looking, there are some really crazy things for sale. I found another auction for 219  leapers gooseneck rails.

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=821175&convertTo=USD
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Be tempting to buy and resell.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
holy shit, see the auction i just found!!!!!!!!! (link in original post)!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#10]
;If anyone here wins the M4 handguard bid let me know' I'd be happy to buy a few sets off of you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#11]
One Caveat - The examples in the images look pristine - however they are classified as H7...

H7    Unserviceable - condemned

Explanation:  
Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria; Type I shelf life material that has passed the expiration date, and Type II shelf life material that has passed the expiration date and cannot be extended. NOTE: Classify obsolete and excess material to its proper condition before consigning to the DRMO. DO NOT classify material in supply condition H unless it is truly unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wow - that is over $6000 (retail)  worth of USGI Colt M4 handguards for $160.

They will never go for that... especially when you consider everyone here now knows.

The last large batch of brass I was watching, seems like 40K pounds sold for several thousands of dollars and was only at a few hundred dollars the day before the auction ended. I will see if I can find the old link when I get to work tomorrow...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One Caveat - The examples in the images look pristine - however they are classified as H7...

H7    Unserviceable - condemned

Explanation:  
Material which has been determined to be unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria; Type I shelf life material that has passed the expiration date, and Type II shelf life material that has passed the expiration date and cannot be extended. NOTE: Classify obsolete and excess material to its proper condition before consigning to the DRMO. DO NOT classify material in supply condition H unless it is truly unserviceable and does not meet repair criteria.

I saw that to, but I am guessing they are just surplus take offs from all the M4A1 carbines that got re-equipt with a KAC RAS
The pics look like new.

www.govliquidation.com/aucimg/photos/1989/1988462.jpg

www.govliquidation.com/aucimg/photos/1989/1988465.jpg

Yeah probably a great deal. What do those run from Colt? $40 a set?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow! That's a great deal; you know how hard it is to get your hands on M4 double shielded handguards? You can maybe keep the best of the lot for yoru builds and sell the rest to make up for the money spent, maybe even have some extra cash in the end.

As for the brass, that's even better, a handloader's paradise. Sell the stuff in vbulk and make a lot of money, same deal with the ammo cans, keep a few for yourself and sell the rest and make a profit.

Don't you just love Govt. Auctions?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top